Regular Contributor
firsttimemama

Questions re: CA that were PIF

I posted this under the General Credit forum but think it may be better here:

I've looked through the GW example letters forum post and can't seem to find a GW example letter requesting that CA delete accounts that have been PIF. I am just missing them? Does anyone have a direct link and/or an example letter?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions and/or experience with getting CA deleted after you've already PIF? I just learned yesterday that I could have requested that prior to PIF (a day late and a dollar short, of course)

TIA!

Starting Score: EQ=567, TU=564 4/17/12
Current Score: 4/29/12 EQ 629 TU 618 (both FICO
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
webhopper

Re: Questions re: CA that were PIF

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS 1
YOUR ADDRESS 2

Month Day , 20XX

COMPANY NAME
DEPARTMENT NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

Dear Ms. NAME:

I had an (type of debt) that was referred to your Collection Agency on (date). I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have paid the amount in full on the above referenced account on (date). Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every bill on time.

Because this referral to your company is not a true indicator of my responsible use of credit, and does not reflect my current situation, I would like you to consider removing the account from my credit report. At the time of the collection, I was in the process of (reason this was referred). I say that not to justify why the bill wasn't paid with the original creditor, but rather to show that the collection is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that company name is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

Sincerely,

your name

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
firsttimemama

Oh, wow!!! Thank you so much! You just made my weekend!

Super Contributor
webhopper

firsttimemama wrote:

Oh, wow!!! Thank you so much! You just made my weekend!

I really hope this works for you!!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
firsttimemama

Me too! The letter is perfect! It's definitely worth a shot!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+