Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions re: CA that were PIF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions re: CA that were PIF

I posted this under the General Credit forum but think it may be better here:

I've looked through the GW example letters forum post and can't seem to find a GW example letter requesting that CA delete accounts that have been PIF. I am just missing them? Does anyone have a direct link and/or an example letter?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions and/or experience with getting CA deleted after you've already PIF? I just learned yesterday that I could have requested that prior to PIF (a day late and a dollar short, of course)

TIA!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions re: CA that were PIF

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS 1
YOUR ADDRESS 2

Month Day , 20XX

COMPANY NAME
DEPARTMENT NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

Dear Ms. NAME:

I had an (type of debt) that was referred to your Collection Agency on (date). I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have paid the amount in full on the above referenced account on (date). Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every bill on time.

Because this referral to your company is not a true indicator of my responsible use of credit, and does not reflect my current situation, I would like you to consider removing the account from my credit report. At the time of the collection, I was in the process of (reason this was referred). I say that not to justify why the bill wasn't paid with the original creditor, but rather to show that the collection is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that company name is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

Sincerely,

your name

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, wow!!! Thank you so much! You just made my weekend!

Message 3 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, wow!!! Thank you so much! You just made my weekend!

I really hope this works for you!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too! The letter is perfect! It's definitely worth a shot!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.