cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Answer needed...mailing ltr today!!!!

tag
wealthyguy

Quick Answer needed...mailing ltr today!!!!

***note:  I scoured the boards before posting this***

Quick Scenario: Finally paid-off my MATCO Tool installment acct. 2009 tradeline is inaccurate and previous attempts to have it adjusted have been met with resistance (although they did change 2 out of 12 months to 60 days past due.) They have created quite a headache for me and i'm thinking I should just request to have the account removed from my history altogether....

Would it be beneficial to have the acct removed OR should I just dispute the 2009 tradeline (for the hundredth time) and hope they get it right this time?

Total Credit for all accounts is $35,382

MATCO acct $5000

Thanks in advance!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Quick Answer needed...mailing ltr today!!!!

When did the lates occur?  Do you want to continue having dealings with them? I think that, since you're now PIF, I'd probably send them a goodwill letter OR call customer service and ask to speak to someone in customer retention.  Explain the reasons for the lates, how that situation has changed, how you would like to continue doing business with them, and how you've enjoyed your service / their tools / whatever.   Then ask if they would, as a good will gesture, consider dropping the lates from the reporting to the credit bureaus.  (I am assuming this is an open credit line - if not, you should ask if they would consider reinstating in good standing to ensure your future business).  

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
wealthyguy

Thanks for the quick reply...Not sure if I'll be doing business w/them in the future.  This acct has really dinged my  CR badly, especially the 2009 tradeline.  MATCO reported 120 days late from April 09 to Dec 09 even though the most I had been late was 60 days---unbeknownst to me, a lump sum payment was past due, thus the 120 day late status.  Explained this via certified ltr/customer service  reps (many times, I might add)...only changed two months to 60 days.

Basically, I think I should just thank them for their business and ask them to remove their acct from my CBR!  Not sure, but I hope this will up my score significantly since the 120 day lates are all recent.   What's your thoughts on this?

Thx!

Message 3 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

I think you'd have a lot more luck with giving them incentive to help you out - they delete the tradeline and get what in return? Your gratitude?  I think you're in a better position to get the GW if you talk to customer retention (not customer service necessarily) and they see it as their money walking out the door and into their competitor's pockets.  But I wouldn't threaten them with that, just, you know, explain what happened.  Like, from your point of view, you were ill-informed but you don't know where the blame lies, you made a good faith effort to pay it back, and that's demonstrated by the fact that you've now paid in full, you enjoy their products, you plan to keep the account open, but you'd have more money for tools if your interest rates were lower and you can't exactly get that done with all these lates on your account.... you might resent their treatment, but you're asking them a favor and offering them no incentive if you're asking them to delete the tradeline. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
wealthyguy

Good point!  Guess i'm so fed-up with the run-around that I hadn't fully weighed my suggestion.  Thx for the sage advice...I'll give it a try. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.