Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Quick CO question

If an account was sold from the original creditor to a CA, can the original account holder still report the account as past due?  If not what do you do?  Dispute with the CRA's?
Valued Contributor
cobra19

Re: Quick CO question

Yep. An account can have 2 baddies - one from the OC and one from the CA.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

So, on a report there can be two different companies reporting two past due accounts for 11k?  Even though they are the same debt?
Moderator Emeritus

If the OC charged it off and sold it, the OC should be reporting a $0 balance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Thats what i was thinking, just needed some back up!!  Thanks!
Moderator Emeritus

Just wanted to clarify, the OC can still report on your CR, just should show $0 balance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Yea thats fine, but it looks pretty bad if there is an account past due with 11K as a balance.

*side note - fortunately this isnt my account, but i am trying to help someone out.:smileyhappy: 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+