Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Medical Collection Question...

tag
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Quick Medical Collection Question...

I am ready to start the HIPAA process for my lone $50 PAID medical collection. When writing the Pre-HIPAA dispute letter to the CRA's, will gray notebook paper (light gray with gray lines) with purple ink be good enough?  I know it's a silly question, but I just want it to be correct after procrastinating for so long. Smiley Tongue Thanks!!

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TheVerdict
Valued Member

Re: Quick Medical Collection Question...

Hello!  I used blue notebook paper with a purple pen on the Pre-HIPAA letters.  I had 6 seperate paid accounts.  All six accounts were deleted from each CRA.  So I would say go for it.
Message 2 of 6
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I just have to track down a colored pen now, or go out and buy one. I figured handwriting would be the safest way. Thanks again! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Okay, I sent my letters today, CM, handwritten in purple ink on gray notebook paper, envelopes also handwritten. Personal info was updated, opted-out both ways, etc. So wish me luck! Smiley Happy BTW Verdict, congrats on having yours removed! How long did it take from the time they received your letters?

Message 4 of 6
TheVerdict
Valued Member

For all three CB's it was like 10 days.  EXP responded first.  I was shocked because after reading the boards I found out that EXP is the hardest one to have medical accounts removed.  Good luck, and keep me posted on your progress!

Message 5 of 6
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

I will, thanks again for your support! I am nervous about EXP, but I'm willing to take more time with them to get it removed...I really want it off EQ as soon as possible because it seems to be the only report my creditors ever pull. (The collection never showed up on TU for some reason.)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.