cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question

tag
hottmomma

Quick Question

Nelnet is reporting 90 days late under the same account number. The date opened and balance on the accounts are different. Is this grounds for a legitimate dispute? Is their reporting correct? I have tried everything goodwill, ombudsman, bbb, and they still refuse to delete the 90 day late indicator on 5 different accounts. Thanks for the advice guys and gals
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Quick Question

Are you saying you weren't late on your SL?

Message 2 of 7
hottmomma

It's reporting late due to my forbearance not being on the record.
Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Are you active military?

Message 4 of 7
hottmomma

No I am not military. I was experiencing emotional hardship at the time due to my father and brother passing. Can they report 90 days late on the same account number?

Message 5 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

By the way you're asking the question, I'm guessing you have multiple disbursements under one single account number, but showing multiples balances under that one account number. Depending on the T&C of your SL, they're possibly entitled to report that way, as the payments made towards them are divided up among the balances uniformly (or a percentage towards each). Miss one payment, and each disburstment misses it's individual piece of the pie.

Message 6 of 7
ianl33t
Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

By the way you're asking the question, I'm guessing you have multiple disbursements under one single account number, but showing multiples balances under that one account number. Depending on the T&C of your SL, they're possibly entitled to report that way, as the payments made towards them are divided up among the balances uniformly (or a percentage towards each). Miss one payment, and each disburstment misses it's individual piece of the pie.

Exactly what Burned2manybridgeB4 is stating. The payment I make to my student loans is split among the four loans by the single payment. This will be the same in your case if they are all the same account number, but seperate loans.

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.