Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Question

I had an open account with Capital One. They just sold it to Portfolio Recvoery, which has not updated on my credit report yet. When Capital One reported it as "closed" my score shot up 20 points. My question is how much of a drop should I expect when Portfolio begins reporting this on my account? It's from two years ago. I called Portfolio this morning and paid it in full. We are hoping to buy a house is March and I praying this doesn't do much damage. Any insight would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick Question

If you paid it before it reported there is a good chance it won't since from what I understand it costs money to report things. Keeping my fingers crossed for you
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I need all the fingers crossed I can get. Ha! I asked Portfolio if they were reporting it yet. She said they were, but it is not showing up as of now. I am really hoping it doesn't do too much damage.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it does it could be several points...10 to 40 points, maybe more depending what bucket your in.
Message 4 of 5
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If it does it could be several points...10 to 40 points, maybe more depending what bucket your in.

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.