cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick overview / guidance for rebuilding (UPDATED)

tag
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Re: Quick overview / guidance for rebuilding

That is good to know. I'm having very little (read none) success with PFD. I have the ability to pay old collections or charge off's in full but until recently did not have a full understanding of its impact on credit. At this point I think I will proceed with paying stuff off, sans some duplicate entries that I'm having verified. One of them is wrong and I don't want to pay the wrong one. Thank you for input. 

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 11 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Sladyesq wrote:

That is good to know. I'm having very little (read none) success with PFD. I have the ability to pay old collections or charge off's in full but until recently did not have a full understanding of its impact on credit. At this point I think I will proceed with paying stuff off, sans some duplicate entries that I'm having verified. One of them is wrong and I don't want to pay the wrong one. Thank you for input. 

Just wanted to add the Armor Systems was removed via a direct dispute with the creditor. I had already paid since it was very small. I noticed that the DOFD was a full year newer than when I actually obtained the debt, so I disputed directly with them, and they never responded but removed the account from my reports.

Getting closer, getting closer..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Sladyesq wrote:

Just wanted to add the Armor Systems was removed via a direct dispute with the creditor. I had already paid since it was very small. I noticed that the DOFD was a full year newer than when I actually obtained the debt, so I disputed directly with them, and they never responded but removed the account from my reports.

-scott

I was able to motion my judgment back into court, and have it vacated based on payment. This was in Dupage County.

That leaves me with my lone baddie. A paid illinois tax lien.. ugh.... LAST ONE!!!!

-scott

Message 13 of 18
RSCo
Established Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Sladyesq wrote:

-scott

I was able to motion my judgment back into court, and have it vacated based on payment. This was in Dupage County.

That leaves me with my lone baddie. A paid illinois tax lien.. ugh.... LAST ONE!!!!

-scott

I just wanted to let you know what a huge inspiration you are to me, and I'm sure so many....  The efforts you've taken to clear all of this stuff up is simply extrodinary and honorable..  Well Done and thanks for the great advice..  Best of luck to you...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 14 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Sladyesq wrote:

-scott

-scott

I just wanted to let you know what a huge inspiration you are to me, and I'm sure so many....  The efforts you've taken to clear all of this stuff up is simply extrodinary and honorable..  Well Done and thanks for the great advice..  Best of luck to you...

Thanks RSCo!

I love this community; I intend to stick around Smiley Happy

-scott

Message 15 of 18
liesierre
Regular Contributor

very impressive, scott Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 16 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@liesierre wrote:

very impressive, scott Smiley Happy

Thanks Lisa!

-scott

Message 17 of 18
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

@rckstrscott wrote:

-scott

-scott

Awesome success!

How's that paid IL tax lien coming along? Any luck?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.