Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about reporting

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Quick question about reporting

Good morning everyone, I have a quick question.

If you PIF a CA and they refuse to delete the TL from your CR and let's say the collection has already been on your report(s) for two or mor years, will paying them off and them updating the account to PIF make the TL appear in the eyes of the Fico gods as a new collection? I realize a collection is a collection whether PIF or not but I also know that with age their affect on your score decreases. I just want to make sure that if they are only willing to update to PIF that its not going to lower my score by the accounts looking newer to the Fico gods.

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Quick question about reporting

It shouldnt. It wont help your score either. Paying it will look better on a manual review though.

Message 2 of 8
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

I hope not, I just don't want paying this account off to make it appear as though it moved to the front of the line so to speak. I haven't paid them yet but preliminary discussions with them have left me doubtful that they would be willing for PFD since I asked and their answer was "we will only update to PIF"
Message 3 of 8
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

If they arent willing to PFD I would try to settle for them to report PIF.

Message 4 of 8
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

What CA is it?

Message 5 of 8
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

It's CAC Financial Corp.
I have three accounts with them and they are all under $1000, they said they cannot settle on accounts under $1000 so they're not offering me any incentive to pay other than not facing the possibility of being sued.
Message 6 of 8
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

They have you in a tough spot. How long do you have until the SOL is up? Now that you have had contact with them any dealings is almost like a game of chicken.

Message 7 of 8
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

The SOL is four years. I'm not worried about getting sued as I am going to pay them today no matter what. All three accounts are under $300 so I'm thinking about offering to round all three balances up to $300 (you know sweeten the deal a little bit for them) if they'll agree to delete.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.