cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question and some heartfelt thanks!

tag
diggingout79
Established Member

Quick question and some heartfelt thanks!

I have to start this by giving thanks to all of the information I've been able to obtain from the knowledgeable posters in this board.  I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am without you help!!!  In the close to four years since I found this resource I've been able to go from a whopping 515 (Eq) to my current 674. 

That said, I'm still having a major problem.  I have an installment account that was paid off in January 2008.  Unfortunately, when it was paid off it was 30 days late.  Instead of updating my tradeline, it's current status is reporting 30 days past due.  I've tried to reason with both Equifax and the creditor, but there has been no change to the tradeline.  This, along with a CO from Discover that is set to come off of my report in October are the only baddies I have left to fix.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Quick question and some heartfelt thanks!

The only thing you can really do is keep sending GW letters to the OC and plead your case to remove that 30 day late. From what I have read, though, a 30 day late from 2008 isn't hurting your score too awful much...

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I agree. The only way to get that off is to send GW letters to the CA. Keep at it...you may be lucky enough to finally get someone who will say yes

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 3 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Did you do a search here, in the forums for the OC?  To see, if they are GW friendly.

May I ask, who is the OC?

Oh BTW, Congrats to YOU!! on a 159pts jump on you EQ CS.Smiley Wink Keep up the great work.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 6
diggingout79
Established Member

I searched, but it's a small regional bank that I didn't see any posts for Smiley Sad

Looks like I'll keep sending GW letters and disputing it with EQ.  It's absolutely amazing to me to think that my CR can go from literally nothing but baddies on it to a completely clean report.  It's going to be surreal feeling the first time I'm able to pull a report and it doesn't list any negative items.

Thank you for the congratulations, I couldn't have done it without the folks on this board.

Message 5 of 6
diggingout79
Established Member

@Lois5669 wrote:

The only thing you can really do is keep sending GW letters to the OC and plead your case to remove that 30 day late. From what I have read, though, a 30 day late from 2008 isn't hurting your score too awful much...

That's what I had thought from looking at all of the posts on here, but I think it's doing some damage since it's currently reporting that it's 30 days late.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.