Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question before I fire of this PFD/GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick question before I fire of this PFD/GW letter

Do you think it would be in my best interest to omit the unpaid one? I added it because I thought it would give them more incentive to delete. I am second guessing my approach now. It could all back fire and become worse than what it is already...
Message 11 of 21
mauve
Valued Contributor

Just a question - did you try going the OC route?  Have you considered HIPAA?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went the HIPAA route in Nov 09. TU and EQ deleted. EX is their usual self and verified.The paid accounts I sent payment to the CA not OC, stupidly, but it was in 2004 and I knew nothing about credit repair then. The unpaid, yes, I could pay the OC, BUT I thought it would give me more leverage in getting deletions, but also could wake a sleeping lion, since it is not reporting anymore..for some reason.
Message 13 of 21
mauve
Valued Contributor

hmmm...I've gotten one of the CAs reporting off of ALL of my reports so far....just not UCB yet.  It shouldn't hurt to try, I guess.

ETA: current HIPAA process refers to the HITECH act of 11/30/09, btw - perhaps it's changed a little since you did it? 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still haven't sent this out yet. Does anyone else have any input? I just don't want to make a potentially huge mistake. Thanks.
Message 15 of 21
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

I have 3 paid collections with them..  They're listed as paid on my reports but any attempts to GW them off my report have failed Smiley Sad     grrrrr..   April

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old are they? Mine are due to fall off this Jan, March, and May. I should probably just be patient but I am sick of looking at them!!
Message 17 of 21
mauve
Valued Contributor

BTW, update: OC sent me back a letter (response to 2nd OC letter) saying something about the timeframe and not deleting.  I wish I had it on me to quote.  The first OC letter resulted in all of the OTHER CA (the oldest collections) going away, even from EX.  The OC has said "no" and now I'm waiting on the response from the CRAs.  I think I'm supposed to wait til I hear back from the CRAs before the third OC letter and the HIPAA complaints...at this point, I'm at a loss.  Over the phone, the rep assured me that payment would be followed by deletion (the CA rep) "automatically".  They absolutely refused to send me a letter to that effect, didn't respond to my PFD.  IMO I think that maybe you should send the PFD and include the unpaid one as the incentive they need, assuming you've already sent a DV. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did send a DV on these accounts and received letters for all 4 from UCB with the amount owed and the date it was paid (2004). Along with this they sent me an unpaid bill in the amount of $332. Which like I said before, WAS showing up on EX, but mysteriously disapperared...
Message 19 of 21
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

Mine were all opened in 2005 (they were returned checks.. doh!)    but they're all paid.. they just don't want to delete them..   After reading this i think i'll send them another GW letter and see what happens.

They were paid in 2008.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.