Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question i need opinions

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Quick question i need opinions

Ok so i have the three credit cards below .. i was thinking about closing the First Progress out due to there payment arrangement this past week i mailed a check off to them which was the 25th and it just posted early this morning and my close date was the first luckily they posted that i paid the first or else it would have been a late payment and there fault it was late because i sent the payment off on a Monday through bill pay .... so i just need opinions should i close it or should i not and if i did close it would it be wise to open another 500 dollar one or will 2 be enough reporting ...

Generally each had a specific use ... 1 for my Cell bill $70 , 1 for my EZ Pass $60 and then the other for Gas $80 .... and all these are monthly amounts and then i would pay each offer to 0 then after the statement cut date charge one with 10 dollars before it reports...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Quick question i need opinions

Two secured cards is plenty for building. As far as being late goes, yeah there will be a fee, but they cant report a 30 day late unless it is actually 30 days late so it will still report positively.

Message 2 of 3
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Quick question i need opinions

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:

Two secured cards is plenty for building. As far as being late goes, yeah there will be a fee, but they cant report a 30 day late unless it is actually 30 days late so it will still report positively.

true but i dont think i have to worry about that because the check was dated the 29th they recieved it the 29th but they post it the first idk whats wrong with this company it happen to me all the months i had them i send the check out a week before and bill pay confirms when they will recieve the check but yet they only post it the day of the 1st or the day after ... i think they have a problem with early payments or something ... but thanks lol they just lost a good customer ....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.