Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question!

tag
wilsoga1
Valued Member

Quick question!

Hello everyone, quick question for you.  I have 2 paid COs from 2008 reporting on my CR, and unfortunately 1 30-day late on my CapOne card on 4/2011.  I've been trying to GW those baddies, with no luck so far.  I thought having any CO really kills your credit score, but was recently told that because it's 5 years old, it isn't affecting my score as much as the 30-day from 2011.  Can anyone provide any input on this?  Thanks!! 

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 745 6/20/16
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Quick question!

Even though a paid CO is better than an unpaid one, the actual CO is a major derogatory.  Its impact does fade over time but will affect your score until it comes off.

A single 30 day late, when initially hits, may drop your score 50 points but, with on time payments you can quickly recover.  Its impact usually starts to fade in about 2 years but the late will remain for 7.

However, I would perfer a clean report.  Just keep sending GWs.  Find someone else in the company to send them to

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.