Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qvc?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qvc?

So I just got home from vacation yesterday to a QVC letter saying some of my easy pay payments failed and if I didn't respond then the account would be closed, yada yada yada. Anyhow, they don't have my SSN, and I made a payment today (but their "deadline" passed while I was gone), but the gal says it went to collections on the 20th. I've received no letters, etc stating this and I called back in may to give them new credit card info after my checking acct was compromised thru actions of our credit union. the rep I spoke to then said it was all taken care of. The one today said that easy pay is completely separate...um...okay?

Should I worry? I've gotten no score watches and our lender pulled credit yesterday and it's not there..I have one more payment to make tomorrow and everything will be PIF.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Qvc?

I'm not quite sure if you dispute the accuracy of the billing?  Is it legit?

If the debt was placed for collection due to an asserted delinquency that you contest, you might file a billing dispute with them under the Fair Credit Billing Act.

FCBA disputes entitle the consumer to documentation regarding the billing issues, and is the strongest way to contest such matters.

If the billing issue is resolved such that you have no delinquency, then the collection can be removed as lacking basis for collection on a non-delinquent debt.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The amounts, etc are right...they let three payments go before they contacted me, and back in may when I had called to give them the new number to the new card I was under the impression that they would update my easy pay orders as well, especially when I wasn't told otherwise. Can they even add anything if they don't have my social?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an easy pay issue with qvc a couple of years ago, it never went on my report...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.