Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAC Acceptance/Acceptance Now Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RAC Acceptance/Acceptance Now Help

RAC Acceptance is a no credit check loan company that I went through to purchase a dining room table a few years ago. I paid it off in full at the end of last year and was never late on a payment, or so I thought. It appears that they are reporting a 30 day late on my Experian report a few months before I paid it off. I knew I was never late, so I pulled my bank statements and expectadly, paid every month. I spoke to the Manager from the place I purchased it and they said there was nothing I could do. I googled and found one phone number to call and they said there is nothing I can do. I disputed it and provided documentation proving that it was paid and it came back verified and remains.

What can I do? Does anyone have any experience with this place or know of another way to contact them? This is my only late on my credit report outside of student loans from 3 years ago. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RAC Acceptance/Acceptance Now Help

There certainly IS something you can do. You have proof of timely payments via your bank records. GET COPIES OF THEM. Draft a letter, include the copies of your bank records and explaining that their reporting is incorrect, as shown by your banks records, and they have hereby been duly notified of their error. Remind them that their OBLIGATION, under FCRA is to correct their erroneous reporting. Failure to do so constitutes willful noncompliance with FCRA, and opens them to potential litigation and damages payable to you of up to $1000.

Send the letter and documentation to the address shown on your credit reports.

Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

RAC Acceptance is a no credit check loan company that I went through to purchase a dining room table a few years ago. I paid it off in full at the end of last year and was never late on a payment, or so I thought. It appears that they are reporting a 30 day late on my Experian report a few months before I paid it off. I knew I was never late, so I pulled my bank statements and expectadly, paid every month. I spoke to the Manager from the place I purchased it and they said there was nothing I could do. I googled and found one phone number to call and they said there is nothing I can do. I disputed it and provided documentation proving that it was paid and it came back verified and remains.

What can I do? Does anyone have any experience with this place or know of another way to contact them? This is my only late on my credit report outside of student loans from 3 years ago. 

@Anonymous wrote:

There certainly IS something you can do. You have proof of timely payments via your bank records. GET COPIES OF THEM. Draft a letter, include the copies of your bank records and explaining that their reporting is incorrect, as shown by your banks records, and they have hereby been duly notified of their error. Remind them that their OBLIGATION, under FCRA is to correct their erroneous reporting. Failure to do so constitutes willful noncompliance with FCRA, and opens them to potential litigation and damages payable to you of up to $1000.

Send the letter and documentation to the address shown on your credit reports.

OP since you have already provided the documentation that it was not late to the CRA and it has been verified I would move on to the CFPB or send them an ITS letter )Intent to sue) as suggested here by Norman. Willful reporting of false credit info is a violation of law as indicated by Norman. it will be your choice which direction to go. Good luck Smiley Happy

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You may have been a victim of the infamous e-Oscar process by disputing via the CRA rather than sending a dirext disptue.

While the CFPB is taking actions to ensure that the CRA sends all your supporting docmenation ot the furnisher, the traditional e-Oscar process sends only a form filled out by the CRA.

I would send a direct dispute to the furnishr, thus ensuring that they receive all of your supporting documentation.

I would make sure to include at least some documentation that was not previously provided to the CRA in order to prevent the possibility of your direct dispute being dismissed as substantially the same as your prior dispute.

If you still receive verification of the accuracy, then file a civil action and get your evidence before a judge.

Message 4 of 7
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Can someone give me some insight about this company?  I also went and rented a  bedroom set only for temporary reasons.  I went with this company because I didn't want my credit ran.  I see they put this on my credit report, I disputed this and it came back as updated.  I've called and talked to them and they won't remove this. Its listing as a charge-off.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on here looking for others experience from RAC Acceptance as well. I paid my account in full and it is listed as a charge off. I have sent documentation as well but each dispute is returned as valid. Not sure what else to do. My husband has this on his report as well and was not a joint owner or co-signor. How can they hold him responsible for a debt he was no part of? He was not even in country during the time period I bought the item.

Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Somehow they are linking him to it. If you have documentation to support what you are saying, then I'd move forward with it and provide the to them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.