Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAISING MY SCORE

tag
dpage
Contributor

RAISING MY SCORE

I am in the process of trying to improve my fico scores, at the moment I only have 2 open accounts, one is a car loan which has been paid on time for 15 months and a credit which has been paid on time for 24 months. I very rarely use the credit becasue I like to keep the balance at 0. I also have some student loans that I do not have to start paying becasue I am currently in school. my question is, should I open up maybe another credit card to have more trade lines or just leave it the way it is. I have not seen much improvement with my score in the last 12 months. I do have 3 collections and a judgement that was all paid about 5 years ago. Are those negative marks keeping my score down?

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
william23
Regular Contributor

Re: RAISING MY SCORE

Do you know what your current scores are?

Message 2 of 5
dpage
Contributor

Lender pull 12/2/2010 EX:605, EP:640, TU:625

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 3 of 5
william23
Regular Contributor

I would suggest maybe try to get the badies taken care off maybe GW letters, PFD and see if they agree

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The neagtive are keeping your score down.  who are your collectors?  maybe you can search the board for other who had good will sucess with your collectors.  Also if the collections are not paid  how old are they???  Maybe consider a pay for delete , but also consider they may be removed from your report  due to aging.. time

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.