Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOVED CO FIRST PREMIER BANK!!!!! YEAH SON

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REMOVED CO FIRST PREMIER BANK!!!!! YEAH SON

Long story short, I started my rebuilding journey 11/24/14. I started off sending validation disputes to 5 collection accounts and 1 charged off account. 4 collections were completely removed, the last collection account I am in the middle of offereing PFD to them. My charged off account with First Premier Bank has been hell. 

Dec 10, 2014 I requested FPB to validate account, not the balance. Well, they sent me a statement with just the total account balance of $453 pretty much saying you owe this amount. That was not good enough for me. I wrote a letter back to the company for a PFD stating I am not assuming ownership but as a goodwill offer. They sent a reply letter stating they will not delete accurate information and take it up with the major credit bureaus. Wow. Typical and common FPB response.

I didn't give up. Shortly after the New Year I submitted a dispute directly to the CRA. Within a few days the account returned verified/unchanged. Didn't give up.

Sent a direct email dispute to: presref@premierbankcard.com on Jan 11, 2015

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have posted to my credit file. On a few separate occasions I have disputed  with all three credit bureaus Equifax, Transunion, and Experian pertaining to a credit card with First Premier Bank acct# 5178 ******** for the date of last activity, payment history, status * and the dispute was returned verified.  After some further investigation on my part, I am also concerned that these accounts may not belong to me, and/or the reporting to Equifax,Experian  and Transunion may be inaccurate. In compliance with FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at 74 Fed Reg 31484 (July  1, 2009), this Notice includes

Identification of the specific information being disputed

Transunion, Experian and Equifax reporting for Acct Number: acct# 5178 ********

Basis for the dispute:

On Equifax Acct # 5178 ******* status is closed, but reports no payment history with a 30+ days late February 2011 and June 2011 date of last activity reporting October 2011 120+ days late; However on Transunion is reporting as not reported  and closed as charged off without a date of last activity, and on Experian it is reporting as date of last payment June 2011 30+ days late July 2011 and charged off December 2011, but with a good payment history up until February 2011.

Supporting documentation:

I have included the excerpts of my credit reports showing how these accounts are reporting  Attached letters sent and received from FPB and credit report

Under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(E), you have the duty to review all of the information in this Notice of Dispute, to complete your investigation, and report back to me the results of your investigation, within 30-days of my Notice of Dispute.

In addition, I humbly request that you provide me with complete transaction and payment history, a copy of any signed contracts or agreements, and total outstanding balance you believe I owe.

Thank You,

(My Name)

Submitted a CFPB complaint against the credit bureaus for not fully investigating on Jan 16, 2015.

Received email response today dated Jan 19, 2015

"The account was set up for you Aug 5, 2009, after received your internet application on July 18, 2009. On November 30, 2011, the account charged off with a balance of $452.98.

Upon review of the specific information you provided in your dispute, First Premier Bank is requesting that the account be deleted by the consumer reporting agencies. Please allow approximately 30 days for the update."

Thank goodness, no more FPB. Also I applied during the dispute in December 2014 to see if they would approve, of course they did. Starting limit $300 with $75 processing fee. Of course I'm not activating this card!

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: REMOVED CO FIRST PREMIER BANK!!!!! YEAH SON

Grats, persistence pays off Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 89
cassett
Contributor

wow. congratulations..

I am about to send a direct dispute on some student loans that have different late payments reported to the three CRA's and other wacky reporting, Hopefully i get a similar result.

You just sent debt validation letters to your other CA accounts and they just deleted them? no dispute?

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's right. My rule of thumb for any dispute item would be to validate first.
Message 4 of 89
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Long story short, I started my rebuilding journey 11/24/14. I started off sending validation disputes to 5 collection accounts and 1 charged off account. 4 collections were completely removed, the last collection account I am in the middle of offereing PFD to them. My charged off account with First Premier Bank has been hell. 

Dec 10, 2014 I requested FPB to validate account, not the balance. Well, they sent me a statement with just the total account balance of $453 pretty much saying you owe this amount. That was not good enough for me. I wrote a letter back to the company for a PFD stating I am not assuming ownership but as a goodwill offer. They sent a reply letter stating they will not delete accurate information and take it up with the major credit bureaus. Wow. Typical and common FPB response.

I didn't give up. Shortly after the New Year I submitted a dispute directly to the CRA. Within a few days the account returned verified/unchanged. Didn't give up.

Sent a direct email dispute to: presref@premierbankcard.com on Jan 11, 2015

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have posted to my credit file. On a few separate occasions I have disputed  with all three credit bureaus Equifax, Transunion, and Experian pertaining to a credit card with First Premier Bank acct# 5178 ******** for the date of last activity, payment history, status * and the dispute was returned verified.  After some further investigation on my part, I am also concerned that these accounts may not belong to me, and/or the reporting to Equifax,Experian  and Transunion may be inaccurate. In compliance with FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at 74 Fed Reg 31484 (July  1, 2009), this Notice includes

Identification of the specific information being disputed

Transunion, Experian and Equifax reporting for Acct Number: acct# 5178 ********

Basis for the dispute:

On Equifax Acct # 5178 ******* status is closed, but reports no payment history with a 30+ days late February 2011 and June 2011 date of last activity reporting October 2011 120+ days late; However on Transunion is reporting as not reported  and closed as charged off without a date of last activity, and on Experian it is reporting as date of last payment June 2011 30+ days late July 2011 and charged off December 2011, but with a good payment history up until February 2011.

Supporting documentation:

I have included the excerpts of my credit reports showing how these accounts are reporting  Attached letters sent and received from FPB and credit report

Under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(E), you have the duty to review all of the information in this Notice of Dispute, to complete your investigation, and report back to me the results of your investigation, within 30-days of my Notice of Dispute.

In addition, I humbly request that you provide me with complete transaction and payment history, a copy of any signed contracts or agreements, and total outstanding balance you believe I owe.

Thank You,

(My Name)

Submitted a CFPB complaint against the credit bureaus for not fully investigating on Jan 16, 2015.

Received email response today dated Jan 19, 2015

"The account was set up for you Aug 5, 2009, after received your internet application on July 18, 2009. On November 30, 2011, the account charged off with a balance of $452.98.

Upon review of the specific information you provided in your dispute, First Premier Bank is requesting that the account be deleted by the consumer reporting agencies. Please allow approximately 30 days for the update."

Thank goodness, no more FPB. Also I applied during the dispute in December 2014 to see if they would approve, of course they did. Starting limit $300 with $75 processing fee. Of course I'm not activating this card!

Wow!!! Way to be persistent! At the rate you are going you will get way better cards than FPB in no time.  Very informative and encouraging. Thank you for sharing!

Message 5 of 89
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

That's the same exact email I sent to them in December and also got my account removed and they sent a letter confirming that the account COULD NOT be sold or reinserted, I sent a second email asking for this after the first one. Congrats.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 89
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Update to last post, I also sent the same email for my wife's Charge Off and they emailed back yesterday and attached a letter saying that it would be deleted from her reports as well! She just never saw it come through Smiley Happy This seems the sure fire way to get rid of first premier!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 7 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two FPB CO's both with wacky/inconsistent reporting across the three CR's. One of these accounts is due to fall off in April 2015, the other not until Jan 2016. Should I even bother with the one that will be excluded in April?

Message 8 of 89
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

It's up to you. If not appping for anything, then I wouldn't. I'd focus on the newer one though :-)
Message 9 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks... that's pretty much what I was thinking. It's kind of scary to mess with things that close to exclusion!

Message 10 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.