Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORTING QUESTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REPORTING QUESTION

IF AN ACCOUNT WITH AN OC HAS BEEN SOLD TO A FACTORING CA CAN THE OC STILL REPORT ON THE CREDIT FILE? IT STATES SOLD WITH A ZERO BALANCE. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REPORTING QUESTION

yeah ... unfortunately the way the game is they both can report on it.  That's how it would be reported as well with a zero balance because it's sold to the CA.  You can however speak with the OC to confirm this.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the reply...the original oc was bought by a new company. This newer oc has sold it to a ca. I will contact the ca at some point to validate.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget to remind them that you are requesting the name and address of the original creditor by right as mentioned in fdcpa 809 (a) 5 and that until they have sent you proper validation they must cease all collection activities including reporting in respect to fdcpa 809 (b).

Good luck...

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for that heads up because i would not have known! 

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for that heads up because i would not have known! 

How old are these accounts?  Do you know the DoFD?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey guiness...one is pretty old with citi and they could not find me through a call i placed to them. the other is maybe 5 yrs. but i'll have to double check. i started a dispute with trans for this ca with these accounts. you know my sol really stinks. maybe i should move??? jk  

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guiness...one is pretty old with citi and they could not find me through a call i placed to them. the other is maybe 5 yrs. but i'll have to double check. i started a dispute with trans for this ca with these accounts. you know my sol really stinks. maybe i should move??? jk  

Why are you disputing them? 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i sense i did a bad thing here? i  never recieved anything on a ca from citi that i  recall and a ca is on my report. i am disputing sol. no? 

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.