Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGS Financial Re-aging Collection!!!!

tag
shanao621
Regular Contributor

RGS Financial Re-aging Collection!!!!

RGS Financial has been reporting an account with Cox Communications as balance owed $274 only on my Experian report. I have never had an account with Cox Communications. It first showed up on my credit report in November 2011, I immediately sent them a DV letter which went ignored. I hadn't sent it certified (big mistake) so I had no proof of receipt. Anyway, I pulled my report in February 2012 and it was still reporting, so I disputed it through the online dispute function but somehow Experian was able to verify the item. When I pulled my report again in June 2012 Experian noted it would remain on my report until April 2013. Given that I have a foreclosure that drops off in May I decided to just wait it out. Today I pulled my Experian report and they now show the account as updated in Mar 2013 as collection, seriously delinquent, it no longer lists a date for removal. Has this account been re-aged???? I'm considering sending them another strongly worded DV letter, I have all the previous copies of my report saved in a file on my computer and if I send the debt certified return receipt requested I believe I'll have more than enough evidence to file a complaint with the FTC. Has anyone else run into this firm? A quick search on this board suggests I'm not the only one this happened to. Additionally assuming the information reported on my previous Experian reports is accurate it is well past the SOL in my state so they can't even pursue legal action on the item. How do I handle this clearly false item? 

Starting Score: FICO TU 503 FICO EX 470 FICO EQ 498
Current Score: FICO TU 705 EX 698 FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: RGS Financial Re-aging Collection!!!!

For 2 yrs you dealt with this? I would contact a consumer attorney and take them to court. He will file a FDCPA suit against them. 

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

First I would contact EX and find out what they have as the FCRA compliance date for the TL.

If it is anything other than what it was, provide your old CRs as proof.

I would also send the CA a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8). 

“This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b).”.

“In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

“Identification of the specific information being disputed:

(specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

“Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or  regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines? Account not yours? etc.)

“Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include, as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a  showing  that it appeared in your credit report)

Have you ever contacted the OC?  I would and see if they can give you a letter stating it isn't yours.  If they do have something in your name it is fraud and a different route to take.

Message 3 of 4
shanao621
Regular Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

For 2 yrs you dealt with this? I would contact a consumer attorney and take them to court. He will file a FDCPA suit against them. 

Honestly knowing it would be dropping off this month made me think it wasn't worth the effort. My credit report includes a foreclosure which falls off in May my scores were going to suffer until then anyway. It was only reporting to Experian so I wanted to focus my efforts on the stuff that I really would want removed after the foreclosure fell off. I managed to get two collections removed from all 3 of my credit reports, one through PFD the other through GW, working to get Cap1 to remove a charge from 2009 that was paid in full, and wasn't that worried about it until it reaged last month. Now I'm ticked off and sent a strongly worded letter to their offices, faxed it, e-mailed it and sent it certified. I found an e-mail address on another board from the firm's VP who seems to be on the up and up. Based on what I've read they aren't completely shady so I'm hoping the threat of a lawsuit is enough to get them to remove it. Plus if they don't I now have multiple forms of proof that they ignored my requests. I'm just annoyed because I am expecting my scores to jump and a reaged collection would kill my rebuilding efforts! 

Starting Score: FICO TU 503 FICO EX 470 FICO EQ 498
Current Score: FICO TU 705 EX 698 FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.