cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Acquisitions - As nice as they seem?

tag
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

RJM Acquisitions - As nice as they seem?

Just spoke with RJM Acquisitions about 3 accounts listed with them. I asked about doing a PFD and the guy said no problem. He's emailing me the paperwork now and will followup with a hard copy.  He even offered to split the total into two payments if I wanted and still do the PFD.

Are they for real?

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RJM Acquisitions - As nice as they seem?

I can only speak for myself and my wife.  They did a debt settlement on a $1000.00 debt for $342.00 and PFD for me and a 98.00 settlement and PFD for my wife.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as crazy as it may seem, they are incredibly nice and willing to work with you!!!!!

Message 3 of 6
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

I've already received the email from them with PDFs of the PFDs (say that 10 times fast).  They even have a checkbox on their payment envelope for "Please remove this from my credit bureau file."  If more CAs were like them they'd get paid faster!

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It makes you wonder how much they paid for the debt.....

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Debt collectors have different philosophies.

Some retain little in the way of legal staff, so dont push things to court.  Getting payment by posting to your CR is their primary tactic.

IF y ou are willing to pay for the primary purpose of CR deletion, then they get their money, and their system works.

Others are very agressive, and especially if the amount of the debt is substantial, and they retain regular legal staff.

Others abide strictly by their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs, which mandate that they should never delete prior, accurate reporting based on any subsequent payment of the debt.

In actuallity, if a CA does a PFD agreement they might just not care that this is in violation of their credit reporting agreements.  It puts money in their pocket, and the CRAs cant, and dont, police any reasons why a CA does a CR deletion.

Many factors involved when dealing with a debt collector.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.