cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Acquisitions Funding...who are they??

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

RJM Acquisitions Funding...who are they??

I checked my Experian Report and I have ton's of soft pulls from a company called RJM Acquisitions Funding.  Who are they and why are they soft pulling my credit report monthly??  They have been soft pulling my report almost twice a month for the past two -three years!  I am  concerned because I would hate to have them post a new collection in an attempt to ruin my new good credit. I've worked so hard over the last years to get to the point where I am today to rebuild.  

So my questions are: Can they report an old debt to my credit report? I have no idea what it could be since I actually paid off the majority of my old debt during my rebuilding process....so if this is an old one it must date back to the 90's. Wouldn't it be way past the SOL by now?? I haven't recieved any phone calls or emails from this company, but I'm still concerned.  Should I just continue to ignore them?  Smiley Frustrated

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: RJM Acquisitions Funding...who are they??

They are a collection agency.  I had them on my report for a BMG Music account for $25.  I did a PFD and they went away.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@TeeandDee wrote:

I checked my Experian Report and I have ton's of soft pulls from a company called RJM Acquisitions Funding.  Who are they and why are they soft pulling my credit report monthly??  They have been soft pulling my report almost twice a month for the past two -three years!  I am  concerned because I would hate to have them post a new collection in an attempt to ruin my new good credit. I've worked so hard over the last years to get to the point where I am today to rebuild.  

So my questions are: Can they report an old debt to my credit report? I have no idea what it could be since I actually paid off the majority of my old debt during my rebuilding process....so if this is an old one it must date back to the 90's. Wouldn't it be way past the SOL by now?? I haven't recieved any phone calls or emails from this company, but I'm still concerned.  Should I just continue to ignore them?  Smiley Frustrated

They are a CA.  As to why they are soft pulling, they must have something in the wings.  If it is from the 90s, it's way past the SOL by now.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send them a debt verification request, which will require them to cease all collection on whatever the debt may be until they identify the creditor, and verify the accuracy of the asserted debt.  A DV will also bar reporting of a collection until such time as they provide you the requested debt verification.

Message 4 of 9
novabama
Frequent Contributor

@ Rhaeny how did you send it... letter, email, fax?? They seem to be ignoring my PFD requests...

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They can report a collection without first providing you any notice, including a dunning notice.

Reporting to the CRA triggers their obligation to send dunning notice within 5 days therafter.

Your goal is apparently to require them to cease collection activities.  A timely DV request does just that.

Any DV sent without prior dunning notice is timely.

A PFD is just an informal contract offer, and triggers no requirement upon them.

Message 6 of 9
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@novabama wrote:

@ Rhaeny how did you send it... letter, email, fax?? They seem to be ignoring my PFD requests...

I actually called them with whatever number was on the letter.  And while I was speaking with the CSR she sent me the email stating that they would remove from TU and EX when they recieve payment.  Then after they recieved payment they sent another email stating that they were in the process of removing it.   It took no more than about 5 minutes for the entire thing.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 9
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Oh ok cool. I might do that then. I am just frustrated because what they say I owe is three times what I owed and it's way past sol and they offered a crap settlement for something so old. Like $480 discount, no discount $680 -__- thanks for the good info!
Message 8 of 9
eviLution
Established Contributor

I settled less than full balance with them when they sent me a collection letter. They were kind enough to delete the collection off my report and I didn't even need to ask them or talk to them about deletion.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.