Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Acquisitions PFD

tag
bear812c
Regular Contributor

RJM Acquisitions PFD

Today I called RJM Acquisitions regarding a collection on an overdrawn bank account. I asked for a pay for delete and the representative said yes they would delete in exchange for payment. I asked her to mail me something in writing with a manager signature and that she would put the letter in the mail today but she said that they don't sigh anything. Everything I've read about PFD's says to get something in writing with an authorized manager's signature and I'm wondering if this will present a problem since they, "don't sign anything." Anyone else have a similar situation or advoce on this? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: RJM Acquisitions PFD

I've heard that before.  But it is on their letterhead.  Also many, many creditors will not send anything in writing and still honor their agreement.

Message 2 of 8
Linxnme

I have heard of them doing that before.  I received my answer from my DV with them last week and in their response, they validated the debt. I called them the next dad and offered to pay half.  In return I asked them for a PFD letter .  The gentleman was so nice and agreed to provide it. I received the letter soon after via email. 

Message 3 of 8
bear812c
Regular Contributor

that's great! thank  you for replying!

Message 4 of 8
bear812c
Regular Contributor

I know you're right. Just wanted some confirmation to soothe my mind while I wait for that letter to arrive in the mail! thanks for replying! I'm new here and this is my first post. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Panamanian
Valued Member

Yeah they rock.....I had two pfd with them.
03/13 Walmart $300 graduated to $800 on 07/13 then $1100 on 11/09; 03/13 Amazon Store $700 graduated to $800 06/13....graduated to 1700 10/13; 04/13 VS $250, 12//12 Cap1 Secure $200 graduated to $300 05/13, 03/13 Cap1 $500 graduated to $1500 07/13.
Current: Lender pulled Transunion 630 Myfico Exfax 630, Experian 630 09/13

New Goal: 675-700 by Jan 2014.
Hoping to close 12/03/13.
Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Linxnme wrote:

I have not heard of them doing that before.  I received my answer from my DV with them last week and in their response, they validated the debt. I called them the next dad and offered to pay half.  In return I asked them for a PFD letter .  The gentleman was so nice and agreed to provide it. I received the letter soon after via email. 

I wasn't speaking of this particular CA but in general.

Message 7 of 8
Kae_Aye
Valued Member

Yes, I recently did a PFD with them and they were true to their word. They emailed me the notice and also mailed it once I paid it online. Came off my report rather quickly too.

Now if only Global Communications would follow through...Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 674 Apr 2013
Current FICO EQ Score: 706 Dec 12 2013
Current FAKO TU Score: 699 Dec 3 2013 from CreditKarma
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.