cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Acquisitions: one of the good ones...?

tag
ckreyn00
Valued Member

RJM Acquisitions: one of the good ones...?

I sent a cold PFD letter to RJM Acquisitions a few weeks ago, offering to pay $250 for deletion regarding a $665 CO Target account. Not only did RJM almost immediately send me a letter stating that they would be "pleased" to accept this offer, they've already updated my report showing that I owe $250 instead of $665. No points gained, obviously, as it hasn't been deleted, but it gives me hope that they'll keep their word.

Why, oh why, can't they own the remaining baddies on my report?

Starting score: 531 (March 2010)
Current score: 747 (February 2014)

It took four years, but I did it.
Next up? 800 club.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RJM Acquisitions: one of the good ones...?

They kept their word with me and it has been deletedSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea RJM has been known to be one of the better CA's out there i've read countless times of poeple having their accounts deleted, so you should be good!

Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had good luck with them as well.  They were really friendly.  They sent me a settlement offer and I got them to go lower than that and delete the entry.  They deleted almost instantly.  

Message 4 of 9
ckreyn00
Valued Member

The plan is to send them a cashier's check when I get paid next Friday. If everything goes as planned, I should be back in the 600s before May. If I make it to 650 by the end of the year, I will be one very ecstatic girl.

Starting score: 531 (March 2010)
Current score: 747 (February 2014)

It took four years, but I did it.
Next up? 800 club.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had a really easy time with them. My amount over $1400.00 that I did owe. All I did was call actually and spoke to them on the phone (I know bad idea for other CAs) and they accepted less than half my debt and deleted the very next day from all 3 CR.s and 3 days later a letter from them via the US Mail describing the deletes and payment.  This was just last month 03/10. I actually did mention to the guy I spoke with about wishing I could give him all my baddies so they can work with me..he mumbled something about all it takes is $15.00 and an account number. I sort of laughed it off then...now I'm thinking...hmmm...should I call them back and see what he meant? LOL

Message 6 of 9
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Yes, my experience was good. I also sent a cold letter offering 20% (it was a few years old) of the balance and they accepted and did do the PFD....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Glad to hear they're a good company (for a CA).  They just suddenly popped up on my credit report within the past month claiming I'm late on a $60 debt, but I have no idea what it's about so I'm DV'ing them right now.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 8 of 9
mudda
Established Member

I emailed them today regarding a book of the month bill from 2003. I asked them to remove it as I had no recollection. They emailed me within the hour saying ithey would remove it promptly from all 3 credit bureaus  YIPEEE!

Starting Score: 02/16/10 548
Current Score: 05/05/10 665
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.