Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Acquisitions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RJM Acquisitions

I received alert that my score had dropped by 67pts from FAKO score of 742. I realize that a collection account from RJM Acquisitions for 97 dollars is the culprit. I have no other negatives on my report. This is from a bookclub.  I do not owe this money however I want it off my report. I disputed online with experian and it came back as validated (which I now realize was not the right thing to do). I also sent validation letter CMRRR to RJM ACQ in regards to this as well. Is there anything else I should do. Should I just go ahead and pay just to be done with it. It is not a lot of money... it just irks me to have to pay for something that I am not responsible for.  I have worked so hard on my credit.

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: RJM Acquisitions

Hi and Welcome,

Have you contacted the bookclub about this situation?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
thirtyshort
New Contributor

Just email them a PFD (pay for delete) letter. They are the only CA that I have ever dealt with that was eager to PFD. PM me when you can to get the contact for them. I don't have it on this computer and if you don't PM me I will most likely forget. Btw they will email and snail mail you written confirmation of their PFD offer acceptance. Please do not pay until you get it just to be safe. When they do delete, and they will be patient because in my experience they were a bit slow but true to their word.
Message 3 of 6
kysin2014
Contributor

I have the same thing that just appeared on my credit report in March for RJM Acquisitions for a book club.  I actually called RJM myself and explained to them that I didn't have the book nor did I ever receive it.  The collection rep said he would go ahead and close out the claim.  I checked my credit score again today and it went back up again.  However, it now says "closed" but still reflects a balance owed of $74.  This is for a bookclub membership I once had back in 2007.  Any advice on having them actually remove this from my burea?

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" height="50" border="0" >Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 769
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 6
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

I had a debt being collected by RJM, and ended up paying it in full before I knew anything about DVs, PFDs, etc.  I ended up sending an email to them just asking to GW the account, and have it removed, and they did it no questions asked.  So if you do end up paying it, I wouldn't be surprised if you could EASILY PFD the account.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.