Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Aquisituins pulling multiple SPs & don't know why

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

RJM Aquisituins pulling multiple SPs & don't know why

The last denial I received I used to pull my free credit report (about 3 mos. ago) in addition to a monitoring service that gives discounted pulls, and I noticed the RJM Aquisitions has been soft pulling my credit, monthly, for the last year or so. I understand that this doesn't affect my score/credit, but I don't this company any money since a medical bill I PIF (not settled) in 2009 (that was never reported to begin with)  - any suggestions as to why they would be doing this??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: RJM Aquisituins pulling multiple SPs & don't know why

They are just fishing around.  They did it to me for the longest time until they finally landed a bill that I owed.  The are the easiest CA ever to deal with though.  They were softing my mothers reports for the longest time and a simple phone call to them got them to stop

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do these people get your information? I was looking at my reports and I have multiple soft pulls from agencies I had to go online to look up and see who they were. No notices from them though. Are they really looking to see if they can rustle up some debt? 

Message 3 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

CRA's sell your info.  If you have CA's softing you they are fishing for some debt.  Typically they do it sometimes when they own the debt and check on you and if your showing activity IE improving your reports they will slap the collection on you

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 4 of 6
snowkitty
Established Contributor

They have been softpulling mine too. I have never had anything with them and the last credit card I ever had until now was in 1996. On my TU, they were sp once a month......when I started getting credit cards back in August of this year, they are soft pulling me 4-5 times a month. I have no baddies on my credit....from what I read on here, they are trolling for something to put on. I wish there was a way to make them stop! I know nobody else can see it but it bothers me that they are checking my report so much for no good reason. They are actually pulling it under two different RJM names and so they are pulling it twice on the same day everytime they do it.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send them a DV if you feel you need to.  Find out what they are looking for.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.