Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM Collection

tag
Caliche
Valued Member

RJM Collection

I have a paid collection from RJM listed on my CR that I would like to see removed.  In a gw letter how would I go about referencing the account to the folks at RJM so that they know what account I'm referring to?  Best I can tell on my CR it only lists the last 4 digits of the account number.  Also if anyone has a good contact address at RJM, email or otherwise please send it my way.  Thanks

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: EQ700 TU 724
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: RJM Collection

If you pull your report directly from the CRA and not a 3rd party, the entire account number will be there.

Message 2 of 12
Caliche
Valued Member

Yesterday I did a quick google search for email contacts at RJM and sent a concise gw letter.  This is email I received this morning.

Please be advised that the above referenced account has been satisfied in full.
As per your specific request, an update is being sent to Trans-Union and Experian instructing them
to have RJM's tradeline deleted on the above referenced account(s).
In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a credit reporting agency has up to 45 days to
make any changes.
If in the future you find that a Credit Reporting Agency has not changed your history, please
provide that Credit Reporting Agency with a copy of this letter. You may in the meantime, show
this letter to any potential creditor as verification that RJM's reporting of this account has been
requested to be deleted

Does this essentially mean that this matter will vanish completely from my CR?

This was my only collection and it was about a year old.  I wondering what effect it will have from a credit score standpoint..minimal or significant?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a PFD with them a bit ago. They followed through.

Message 4 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That is saying they will delete the TL.  Congrats!.

If that was your only negative I would say a good jump.

Message 5 of 12
Caliche
Valued Member

I received that email on 5-19..any guess on when the tradeline deletion will be reflected on my report?

Message 6 of 12
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Caliche wrote:

I received that email on 5-19..any guess on when the tradeline deletion will be reflected on my report?

Anywhere from tomorrow to 60 days or so I'd guess haha.. It is hard to say really.. I have 4 that I PFD over the last month I am still waiting on..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job! It will be deleted, might take a week or two from them.

I had a few collections with rjm, in my experience they are great to work with!

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY RJM PFD TIMELINE: 1/4/12 mailed basic PFD letter. 1/19/12 received their basic PFD offer letter. 1//20/12 mailed money order for 50% of the balance. 2/4/12 RJM cashed the moneyorder. 3/9/12 tradeline deleted from Experian. ...waiting for TransUnion to drop off....
Message 9 of 12
lovinmyfico
Contributor

I just a notice from RJM with a tradeline I thought was resolved when the last collection company deleted it because they couldn't verify.  It's a minimal amount and at this point I don't want it to continue to pop up, as it is because of the reporting, my fico scores all took a 43 point nose dive. If I call them will they pfd?  

Thank you all for any assistance. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.