Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM and DV

tag
samantha1178
Valued Member

RJM and DV

I have an old BOA account with RJM, and the DOFD is in 2004. I am within SOL. NCO had it first, and in 08 RJM got the debt. Both are on my reports and they are for $724.

I sent a DV out on 5/21 to RJM and Island Group (a new company that sent me a dunning letter). They both got my letter on 5/26.

Island group hasn't made a peep since. But RJM immediately reported on my CR's that the account is in dispute.

Well, it's been awhile and I haven't received validation. RJM is still reporting 'disputed', however, they have updated for June and July this week.

At this point, should I send another DV letter? I can PIF, and I know that they are PFD friendly so maybe I should send a letter stating that since they didn't validation I will settle a portion of the balance for deletion?

Or maybe they can't validate it and I should save my money for all my NCO accounts? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
samantha1178
Valued Member

Re: RJM and DV

I forgot to add the letters I sent for DV's. Pretty sweet and simple.

Re: Account Number: XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in response to an account listed on my credit report. I am requesting that you provide full validation of this debt. Note this is not a refusal to pay; but, it is a request that your offices provide me with evidence that I have a legal obligation to pay you.

Best Regards,

Name

Message 2 of 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: RJM and DV

Wait on them to validate.  There is no time frame for how long a CA can take to validate.  It has been my experience that when a CA reports to the CRAs that the account is disputed by the consumer, they eventually will validate.  RJM took about 4 months to respond to my DV, but they sent everything I requested.  They gave me a PFD for 30% of the balance.  Only one of the CAs should be reporting, so if NCO and RJM are both reporting, you need to dispute it with the CRAs.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.