cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM just send me a PFD via email. .is it legit?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: RJM just send me a PFD via email. .is it legit?

BungalowMo wrote:

@fused wrote:
Excellent!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!

Yes...it seems RJM has turned around a bit with their take on PFD's.  I guess folks are more apt to address these accts when they can bargain a delete with the CA! 

Hear that everyone with RJM accts!?!?

You're so right! And, RJM has a long and sleazy history, so its nice to see consumers chalking up some victories.
Message 11 of 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

@fused wrote:
Excellent!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!

Yes...it seems RJM has turned around a bit with their take on PFD's.  I guess folks are more apt to address these accts when they can bargain a delete with the CA! 

Hear that everyone with RJM accts!?!?

You're so right! And, RJM has a long and sleazy history, so its nice to see consumers chalking up some victories.

Yes...I know!!  I get a letter from them every now & then for an OLD (we're talking15 yo CO) acct giving me their latest & greatest offer!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Why not write a C&D letter to RJM? I would never put up with that nonsense. I have had other CAs write me similar letters, call me (I don't know how they got my number) and place hard inqs on my reports for debts as old as 97'. I seriously doubt some of those debts were even mine. I sent them ITS and C&D letters and the CAs run away fast because they knew I meant business and wasn't going to pushed around.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent RJM a PFD letter and found them to be very easy to work with. Within a week after they accepted my offer, it was deleted from the CRAs. I never received an e-mail though. I got an offer from them to pay it off, sent them back a PFD with just a little over half of their offer and they accepted - on the second try. The first time they said that they would accept the offer but didn't include in their agreement the delete part. I sent a second letter and they accepted. They have been the easiest for me so far to get removed.
Message 14 of 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:
Why not write a C&D letter to RJM? I would never put up with that nonsense. I have had other CAs write me similar letters, call me (I don't know how they got my number) and place hard inqs on my reports for debts as old as 97'. I seriously doubt some of those debts were even mine. I sent them ITS and C&D letters and the CAs run away fast because they knew I meant business and wasn't going to pushed around.

I guess I could.  But I see those (maybe once every 18 mos or so) as little random reminders of where I once was and where I never want to be.  I save one letter in a folder for GW info on all 3 reports.  If at some time I get another...I toss the old one out & put the latest in the folder.

Little reminder of where I came from. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 16
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I did a PFD with a settlement for 50%! Backstory is that these had been on my CR for a while (three separate collections, all RJM), and they were constantly sending me different offers to pay via mail. I kept tossing them in the garbage, because I didn't have the money at the time, and I didn't feel like I owed all the money...it was related to automatic book club shipments that I cancelled and refused. Anyway, I wanted to get serious about upping my score because DH and I were looking at land, and one day I saw a post here from someone who had done a pfd via email. On the spur of the moment, I googled for an email addy, wrote one email offering to pay 50% of each collection for delete, and hit send. To my surprise, I got 3 separate responses (one for each account) accepting a few hours later. They offered something like 30 days to pay, but I wanted instant gratification, so I responded with my AmEx number. Smiley Tongue

Anyway, within a few days the amount due on all three collections dropped by 50% at all three CRA's, but they didn't fall off right away. I panicked and emailed them again, saying that I was applying for a mortgage and needed them gone. They replied that it was up to the CRA's, and could take up to 45 days to fall off, but they emailed me a letter saying the accounts had been settled in full and would be deleted. They finally disappeared earlier this week, and I got a 27 point jump from TU!!!!!!

They were so nice, I almost forgot I was dealing with a CA! Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.