Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJM possibly the BEST CA out there?

tag
methorian
Valued Member

RJM possibly the BEST CA out there?

Just wanted to share my love for RJM, if you can actually ever love a CA, they're the ones. I recently began attempting to fix/build up my CRs, and had an old overdrawn bank account with RJM. They were extremely helpful and more than willing to work with me. After about a month I was able to settle, and get it paid off for a delete. Less than 24 hous after my final payment, I had a nice e-mail stating that the account was satisfied in full and that they had sent a request to Trans-Union and Experian (the only two CRAs they report to) to have the tradeline deleted.

Now, if only Midland wasn't the complete opposite of RJM I'd have a much easier journey ahead...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: RJM possibly the BEST CA out there?

@methorian wrote:

Just wanted to share my love for RJM, if you can actually ever love a CA, they're the ones. I recently began attempting to fix/build up my CRs, and had an old overdrawn bank account with RJM. They were extremely helpful and more than willing to work with me. After about a month I was able to settle, and get it paid off for a delete. Less than 24 hous after my final payment, I had a nice e-mail stating that the account was satisfied in full and that they had sent a request to Trans-Union and Experian (the only two CRAs they report to) to have the tradeline deleted.

Now, if only Midland wasn't the complete opposite of RJM I'd have a much easier journey ahead...

Grats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
ori68
New Contributor

OMG i know how you feel. I started with 5 baddies like 8 month's ago. RJM was the first and most receptive. Im down to 2, Midland being the main one, and they are a pain to deal with.

Discover FICO 759(04/15)
Barclaycard FICO 763 (04/15)
Citi FICO 736 (04/15)
BOA Experian 744 (05/15)
Message 3 of 10
GeeRob

Can someone please provide me with the email address for RJM, I have a BOA  that I need  to get off my credit report.

Message 4 of 10
methorian
Valued Member

Just call, tell them you wanna settle the account with the stipulation that they remove the tradline from Experian and Transunion (the only two they report to). Agree on an amount and tell them to e-mail it to you. You'll get the e-mail within a day, and they'll also mail it to you. From there it states you have 30 days to pay in full (though you have longer if you need), which you can do online. After making my full payment I received confirmation of the deletion within a day.

Message 5 of 10
GeeRob

Thank you Methorian, I just called RJM and settled  now I'm just waiting on the email.

Message 6 of 10
Shokk
Established Contributor

What I don't understand is why more CAs don't take this approach.  I understand they have an agreement with the CRAs not to delete for payment, but I'm guessing making money and actually collecting are more important to them.  It makes more sense from an OC perspective not to delete.

I can't count the number of times I've seen people post that a CA has denied a PFD when offering to even PIF.  It boggles the mind.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 7 of 10
methorian
Valued Member

Awesome! Congrats on your success! I'm glad it worked out for you. I know that sometimes talking to an actual person can be scary, especially a debt collector, but RJM is pretty awesome. Every time I called I immediately got a gentleman named "Lester" who was always super helpful and spot on.

If more CA's would take RJM's approach, this journey would be a heck of a lot easier!

Message 8 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Shokk wrote:

What I don't understand is why more CAs don't take this approach.  I understand they have an agreement with the CRAs not to delete for payment, but I'm guessing making money and actually collecting are more important to them.  It makes more sense from an OC perspective not to delete.

I can't count the number of times I've seen people post that a CA has denied a PFD when offering to even PIF.  It boggles the mind.

+1

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 9 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

RJM hooked me up a few years back with a PFD settlement. It was deleted ASAP. It was great!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.