Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPM COLLECTIONS HELP!!!!!!!!!!

tag
SHAI
Regular Contributor

RPM COLLECTIONS HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have a collection on my credit report from RPM for an old T-Mobile bill for $792. Has anyone had any luck with PFD. I'm going to pay T-Mobile directly first.

Starting Score: September/2012 TU-496, EQ-456, EX??
Current Score: April/2013 TU-680, EQ-661,

Goal Score: 700 across the boards

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: RPM COLLECTIONS HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Ask TMOB to pull your account from the CA... I had an issue like that, different CA though, and it worked fo rme.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 7
SHAI
Regular Contributor

Pkay Thanks. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Message 3 of 7
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

If it doesn't work out, just give the CA a call, explain to them you want to PFD.  If they accept, have them send you a letter to document the agreement before you pay.  DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY OVER THE PHONE.  It's in your best interest to keep a record of all payments and such in this process.  Otherwise they will just mark your CR as PAID IN FULL and the mark stays until it eventually falls off.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 7
SHAI
Regular Contributor

Just called T-mobile and they said they can accept my payment but they can't pull from the collection agency because it has already been written off. The collection agency said they don't PFD. Any advice on what to do???

Message 5 of 7
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

How can they take your payment if they've already charged off the account?  That's kind of odd.  Either way, if it works out that way, then I'd have Tmobile send you a bill, cut them a check, once the check clears, dispute the collection on your reports.  Since you've paid your original creditor, the collections would be invalid.

--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 6 of 7
SHAI
Regular Contributor

I spoke to a supervisor and she stated they would send a bill, so once I receive it I'm just going to pay and then dispute it. I'm hoping all works out. I will provide an update once evrything is done.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.