Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPM Removed but not by my request!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RPM Removed but not by my request!

Okay guys I have a Collections account with RPN on behalf of AT&T. It was placed on my EQ report around March 10. Today I check d CK and it states it was removed. I didn’t dispute this account or anything. Why was it removed? Could it be added back on? Has anyone experienced this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RPM Removed but not by my request!

I'm assuming it wasn't paid yet? Also, how old is this debt?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donna it’s about a year and half - two years old. However it was just reported a few weeks ado and now removed from EQ. I haven’t paid anything at all.
Message 3 of 5
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

They possibly sold the debt again. Look out for a dunning letter from the new collection agency. This has happened to me with AT&T. The good thing is, the new CA will give you 30 days to pay it off before reporting derog to CRA.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the creditor still owns the debt, it is likely that they terminated assignment to the initial debt collector, and have or are going to assign to a new debt collector.  Debt collectors are advised under CRA reporting policy to delete their reported collection if their collection authority is terminated with the debt remaining unpaid.  

If a new debt collector is authorized, then yes, they can report to their collection at any time.

They must send initial dunning notice within 5 days of their initial communication with the consumer, but can report prior to any initial communication or prior to sending dunning notice.

If a creditor is between debt collectors, that is an ideal time to pay the debt, which will discharge the debt and thus avoid any new collection.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.