Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising Score After Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raising Score After Bankruptcy

Hello, I'm new to the sight and this is my first posting.  I had bankruptcy in 2008.  (Not proud) Anyways, since then I've disputed negative credit reports and established positive credit w/ credit building loans and a new car loan.  We've never paid late and all accounts are current.  Debt to income ratio is extremely low, low credit card balances and we've done everything correct.  My median FICO score is still only 625!  What in God's name can keep it that low 3 years after a bankruptcy?  I was expecting 660 or something.  Please help.  We'd like to build a home but I don't want to have a huge interest rate due to bad credit. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Raising Score After Bankruptcy

Is your median FICO score from myfico? Also, are you enrolled in score watch? The best part (IMO) is the credit simulator.

Also when you say low balances...what % utilization? Your income has nothing to do with fico scoring. When was your auto loan originated?
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.