Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Score drop overnight!!

tag
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Random Score drop overnight!!

I have been on top of my stuff!! I got up to 666. Checked today and randomly dropped to 599 overnight. No changes on report. I'm stumped!!

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Random Score drop overnight!!

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:
I have been on top of my stuff!! I got up to 666. Checked today and randomly dropped to 599 overnight. No changes on report. I'm stumped!!

Any ideas?

You need to provide more information such as where you are getting this score from and which credit bureau.

Message 2 of 10
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Wallethub...TU
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:
Wallethub...TU

Eh, I wouldn't be too concerned .  It's not a FICO score.  Wallethub, like CreditKarma, provides you with a Vantage 3.0 score which is not used by any creditor (other than for some apartment rentals).  Those scores are known to jump up and down without much of a reason.  If you are really interested in monitoring your credit scores you should do so with a service that provides FICO scores as they are the ones that almost every creditor utilizes.  There are lots of options for getting your FICO scores, even some free ones.  You can check your FICO 08 TU score for free with Discover here.  Once you have that,  if you have questions about your report, then you should pull an actual report from the various options out there including Free Annual Credit Report

Message 4 of 10
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Thank you so much!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:
Thank you so much!

You're very welcome.  Good luck and let us know if you have more questions.

Message 6 of 10
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jrubedjmp311 wrote:
Wallethub...TU

Eh, I wouldn't be too concerned .  It's not a FICO score.  Wallethub, like CreditKarma, provides you with a Vantage 3.0 score which is not used by any creditor (other than for some apartment rentals).  Those scores are known to jump up and down without much of a reason.  If you are really interested in monitoring your credit scores you should do so with a service that provides FICO scores as they are the ones that almost every creditor utilizes.  There are lots of options for getting your FICO scores, even some free ones.  You can check your FICO 08 TU score for free with Discover here.  Once you have that,  if you have questions about your report, then you should pull an actual report from the various options out there including Free Annual Credit Report

I noticed that you said Discover provides your FICO 08 TU, is that for everybody?  My Discover Scorecard provides my FICO Experian score.  Does this differ according to your location?

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 7 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The discover TU is for cardholders, the Experian score is for everyone.
Message 8 of 10
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Understood. Thanks!

@rmduhon wrote:
The discover TU is for cardholders, the Experian score is for everyone.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
The Scorecard product is a joint venture between Discover and Exp, so obviously the score is Exp

Discover has always ( long time) provide the TU score for cardholders

The other product is a CK like marketing scheme to secure more apps ( no big deal, marketing is marketing ) this is why Discover products no longer appear on CK
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.