Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rash Curtis - Medical Bills

tag
stepstep
Valued Member

Rash Curtis - Medical Bills

I disputed 2 collections from Rash Curtis online. It came back as verified. Is it a good idea to call the collection agency? In the last 5 years I have easily had $3,000 in medical bills to multiple companies. $29 to the lab, $80 co-pay, $295 urgent care, etc. I have done a pretty good job of keeping up with my bills and EOBs to make sure that I wasn't billed incorrectly and paying everything that was due, but if I screwed something up somewhere it wouldn't surprise me.

If I call them, would they be able to tell me date of service and services rendered? Do they have to be that exact on the charge?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rash Curtis - Medical Bills

@stepstep wrote:

I disputed 2 collections from Rash Curtis online. It came back as verified. Is it a good idea to call the collection agency? In the last 5 years I have easily had $3,000 in medical bills to multiple companies. $29 to the lab, $80 co-pay, $295 urgent care, etc. I have done a pretty good job of keeping up with my bills and EOBs to make sure that I wasn't billed incorrectly and paying everything that was due, but if I screwed something up somewhere it wouldn't surprise me.

If I call them, would they be able to tell me date of service and services rendered? Do they have to be that exact on the charge?

I would contact the OCs involved and ask them for accounting, when you get it and verify its yours I would then call them and ask them to pull back the collection from the CA and pay them directly, if they refuse then I would move on to the HIPAA Process, we cant talk about it on this board but you can Google it and contact its creator for help.

Message 2 of 4
stepstep
Valued Member

The only thing is that my bills don't specifiy which part of John Muir the account is with. Is it possible to call the CA to get that, then the OC? Meaning, is it a stupid idea to contact the CA in the first place?

Message 3 of 4
stepstep
Valued Member

I called the CA, weirdly enough they were very polite. I told them I was looking for dates of service to research and they provided them to me and never once asked when I was going to pay. The dates on the cr were off, they showed 2009 & 2013 but really were from 2008. Will have to pull files from long ago. Has anyone had luck pulling stuff back to the OC from almost 6 years ago? I did research the CA online and BBB disputes make it look like the are willing to PFD, so hopefully considering the age I will have that to fall back on.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.