Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Adding a third card.

tag
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Re: Adding a third card.

Hello, all.

I'm just asking to see what others credit reports looked like when they applied for the BoA Secured CC. It's my understanding that they pull Experian during the credit check. Currently I have a 605 credit score(CCT) on Experian.

I have 8 medical collections & 2 collections with Enhanced Recovery(Sprint & Tmobile) - Working on these!

Right now I do have a charge-off with First Premier. I sent them a dispute via email, and they're removing it from the CRA; Should be off by the 21st of this month.

Do you think I can get approved for the secured?

Thanks!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Bank Of America secured.

Honestly, BOA is probably the hardest secured card to get. So it's hard to say. They have denied based on number of derogs. Believe I had 4 left when I got it.
Message 2 of 25
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Honestly, BOA is probably the hardest secured card to get. So it's hard to say. They have denied based on number of derogs. Believe I had 4 left when I got it.

Thanks for the response!

I should be down to 0(At worst 1 or 2) by the end of November. If all else fails I'll open an OpenSky CC. Gotta start somewhere Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

SDFCU has a great low interest secured card. They approve everybody. As long as your Chexsystems is clear you are golden. Also, Cap One secured. Have you checked their prequal site?
Message 4 of 25
txbusted
Contributor

I bank with BOA and for me it was a pre-approval but they pulled all 3. I have had mine almost 9 months and I hope it graduates soon. 

myFICO's : EQ: 643 // TU: 635// EXP:645

WALLET: Victoria Secret $650 | Simply Be $850 | BOA Cash Rewards $300 I Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $4k |Chase Freedom $2.2k l Full Beauty $450 l Woman Within $450 l Wayfair $1.2k l Citi Double Cash $700 l Game Stop $300l Overstock $1K l Lane Bryant $300 l Ulta $750 l Walmart $700 l Target Red $1k
Amazon Chase $1k l Kohls $300
Message 5 of 25
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
SDFCU has a great low interest secured card. They approve everybody. As long as your Chexsystems is clear you are golden. Also, Cap One secured. Have you checked their prequal site?

I have not checked them. How do i check if my ChexSystems is clear?

Do you think it's okay to try before the First Premier charge off is removed?

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on SDFCU as an option and I don't think they do a HP to open it. 

Message 7 of 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

No hp for SDFCU. Do you owe any bank any money for closed accounts? If not you can join SDFCU and app secured card. Lowest apr secured card on the market. Yes you can join before First Premier is removed. They approve everyone.

Message 8 of 25
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 on SDFCU as an option and I don't think they do a HP to open it. 

Thanks,TA8008! I appreciate the info.

Message 9 of 25
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

No hp for SDFCU. Do you owe any bank any money for closed accounts? If not you can join SDFCU and app secured card. Lowest apr secured card on the market. Yes you can join before First Premier is removed. They approve everyone.

Don't believe so. I've had my Chase Account since 2009. But, I just requested a free report from ChexSystems just to make sure(5 days)

Thank you for the help! I'll defintely give them a try!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.