Valued Member
MikeC80

Re-Aging Credit Card accounts to remove late pays

Has anyone had any success by putting in a request for this as opposed to a GW deletion or correction?  I have a 10 year old account with Capital One and had a recent late payment. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Let them eat cake.
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Re-Aging Credit Card accounts to remove late pays

I am unsure what you mean by "reaging the account."

Delinquencies are excluded based only on the date of their occurence plus 7 years.  The date of the delinquency is a factual matter.  I dont know how one can reage that fact.

Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl

Re-aging the account would bring it current now, it's not retroactive. Unless I am missing your question.

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+

Valued Member
MikeC80

I think it only relates to accounts that are currently past due. I saw it from this article:  http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20030331a1.asp

Let them eat cake.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}