Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Aging debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-Aging debt

I currently have a CA with an account from ATT with a DOFD of march, 2010. They will not do PFD. IT's set to fall off march 2017. I've tried to pay, but they just said they will update to paid, not delete. SOL in my state is 6 years. They validated the debt, and dent me a full copy of my last bill. So, lets say I play the waiting game, and wait for it to fall off, or possbily ask for an EE with the bureas when it gets closer. My question is, are they allowed to sell the debt before then, and then that company be allowed to report for another 7 years? If I did pay this, could they report longer? Or no matter what, is it to removed and thats that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re-Aging debt

They can sell the debt and that company can sell it again and again. But it can't report past 7.5 years of DOFD, regardless of who buys and owns it.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Debt collectors dont determine when their collection becomes excluded from your credit report.

The CRAs do the exclusion.

Whenever a debt collector reports a collection, they are required to additionally report the DOFD to the CRA.

The CRA then uses that DOFD to exclude any collection.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree. No matter what they do, the dofd will not change.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.