cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Coming Out of Lurker Mode (Long Post)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a new American Express Prepaid card with direct deposit and a checking account with Bank of America.  Bank of America was included in my bankruptcy.   I sent copies of my discharge to chex systems and telecheck prior to opening the account.

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Coming Out of Lurker Mode (Long Post)

After reluctantly filing Chapter 7 I’ve found that all is not lost as most of us have been lead to believe.  I have learned so much perusing the thousands of informative posts , disputing/removing accts, including paid medical accts & judgments from my credit reports using the methods outlined here.  Much Love to all who contribute to this forum. ♥♥♥♥

This is what my credit profile looks like after filing Chapter 7 6/18/12.  Did I do too much too soon?  All accts included in bankruptcy are reporting IIB on CRAs.   I am officially gardening until 12/2013, on the path to home ownership. 

Regional Acceptance   Car Loan                $15,000      10 days post discharge *TransUnion 501 - Lender Pull

18% interest (crappy I know)

Capital One                   Secured CC            $500           1 week post discharge

Fingerhut                        Fresh Start Acct     $180           1 mth post discharge

Crown Jewelers           Store Account         $2500         2 mths post discharge

First Premier                Unsecured CC       $700           2 mths post

(I had a previous account included in bankruptcy)

Debts that were not discharged

US Dept Ed                     Student Loan        $2000

Will be rehabilitated after 9mths of on time payments of $50 mth.  Will pay more/off when possible to offset interest accrual

American Acceptance    Car Loan               $10,000  Reaffirmed Current/No lates at the time of filing  Currently reporting to CRA as good account

My husband pays & is co-signer on this account. Paying xtra to pay off in 2 years

IRS                                    Back Taxes            $2200

Established payment plan of $50 mth.  Will pay more/off when possible to offset interest accrual

Any advice?

Message 1 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I moved and merged these posts, sorry, but I got them out of chronological order.  That is entirely my bad.  Smiley Sad

In answering your question though.  I think that you've done a pretty good job so far.  Now it is def. time to garden.  You have enough positive TLs to help you grow new credit following your BK.

You say you have an account wtih BOA which was included in your BK.  That's good by I would think about joining a good CU if possible.  That way you could build a relationship with them, and some are more lenient than the big banks when you need loans, especially with a BK in your history.

Keep those payments current, let the new accounts grow and the old bad accounts wither away.  Stay with us on here and learn and help others.  You have a good gameplan going, just follow it.  Best of luck to you!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.