Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to rebuild and boost your credit score, even after Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, im trying to purchase a home soon and trying to clean up my credit.  i recently ran my score from experian and my Fico score from Experian is 585, Transunion 575 and equifax 620.  most of the negative accounts will be fallen off end of this year and next year.  i dispute the accounts that went in collections and it will be deleted by next month.  how can i increase my score?  should i go apply for secured credit card, would my score decrease if i apply and then it will increase in time ?

i dont know why my credit decrease about 13 points , i think on Transunion, the creditor (chase) was charged off but they sold to collection agency and the collection agency report open date as 11/2014 .  this account is schedule to fall off my credit report on 12/2015 but it's still hurting my score even though it's old account in 2008.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you absolutely should apply for a credit card. You actually should have gotten a secured credit card the day after your BK was discharged.

You should be able to get a capital one card without too much difficulty, your scores will rise as soon as you get one card established. Then get a second one. You should get another bump from the second one. Then apply at a CU such as SDFCU, NASAFCU or DCU, all easy to qualify to join. Once you've joined apply for a card from them, if they won't give you an unsecured get a secured one - but honestly I don't see a problem, your really not in that bad of a starting position. There are many of us here that began this process with scores BELOW 500.

It sounds like all your derogs are old enoughto really not even concern yourself with. Just work on getting re-established.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.