cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tranunion - Manual processing needed? Update TU - DELETED! YES!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I had two disputes going, one had completed. i guess the other one is taking a bit longer. I imagine its a charge off that i disputed with Experian, who deleted right away. Trans must be trying hard to get to the bottom of it. I think i dispute the balance, hoping they wouldn't verify...hmmtransunion.png

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Re: Tranunion - Manual processing needed?

Schoolbuskid wrote:

I had two disputes going, one had completed. i guess the other one is taking a bit longer. I imagine its a charge off that i disputed with Experian, who deleted right away. Trans must be trying hard to get to the bottom of it. I think i dispute the balance, hoping they wouldn't verify...hmmtransunion.png

Good luck with that!!

Glad EX removed it right away.  For TU, they may be actually verifying to see if the info you disputed is indeed inaccurate.

Question:  How often was this particular creditor updating your report?  Was it due to fall off soon per TU?  If this is the case, in my experience, it would have gone smoother in stating it was 'too old'. 

Please keep us updated with data points.

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 2 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

From what i remember they were not updating monthly, maybe here and there. The bank changed ownership/names and i assume some of the records may have become purged in the process.

It was one of my oldest account opened in 2006, i dont remember the DOFD, it couldnt have been due to fall off no later than 2017, i'm guessing. I can look at my equifax report.

Would calling in help, or just wait? They say i will receive a mail soon.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

according to equifax DOFD is 2/2013, account last updated 10/2015.

It use to report a balance, now it's reporting a ZERO balance and i have not made any payments. The account reported with a balance ever since its been charged off, up until the last few months.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently disputed a cap one card that had been reporting NA for a few years until I noticed it was not mine. We have like 4 we paid off. Well EX came back with verified and then went back to the tradeline and put in CO. I called and asked how they verified that because I could not get any with letters. I was told using my SS and name. So now I have an active CO. Not sure what to do as I already sent letters with reciepts I kept and called and got sent to the fraud dep who has me on hold for an hour. I just recently in the past few years started to pull my reports due to an issue and found three things I had bo clue where there. I had no cards and always kept up with my husband and I joint accounts since he is military and gone a lot. Now I have been fighting to get this stuff taken off and of course put a alert on my credit. After like my fifth letter this time from OPM of my information compromised I felt the need to fight this. I have cancer and RA and been sick the past few years so I thought all was good and well as for my 19 years never been late or missed a payment. But I had an issue in 2013 I thought was resolved to the best of what I even knew at the time was not so much I have been activly reporting to the Consumer Finance to help do a REAL investigation or at least get the CBA to. So far Expirian has been great and trans on one equifax I have caught in a few lies and no no's so we will see if they correct this without me going for some violations that I certainly dont have the energy for I can not even drive but I will if I am pushed to far. Good luck to you
Message 5 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Checked later again today around 2:25pm, TU had deleted the item in dispute. WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Message 6 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In the normal process of handling disputes, the CRA uses its automated e-Oscar system to refer the dispute to the furnisher.

That electronic transmission usually is reduced to codes on what is called a Universal Data Form (UDF), and zipped over to the furnisher for their investigation and response back to the CRA.  The CRAs use the electronic e-Oscar system is well over 90% of all disputes.

If clerical personnel at the CRA have any issues with the coding and referral, they can refer the dispute to special processing personnel for their manual review and processing.  That is what the CRA is referring to.  They see somthing in the dispute that requires more than the usual clerical coding .........

Message 7 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ok, i understand better now. Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Checked later again today around 2:25pm, TU had deleted the item in dispute. WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Fantastic!  Congrats!

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 9 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@creditFiend wrote:

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Fantastic!  Congrats!

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.