Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-consideration

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Re-consideration

i recently applied for a discover it card, due to being preqaulified. I was told to call in for additional information. I did and was told that I was not approved. They said I would receive a letter as to why? My only idea would be that my credit history is not long enough. Could I call in for a reconsideration once I know the real reason? Or forget about it and keep gardening. 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Re-consideration

It doesn't hurt to call in and reconsider since you have taken the hp already.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I just got a decline after calling in to provide more info too.  Who do we call for reconsideration?  I don't want to call a frontline CSR.  They always say no.  Is there a direct number for the underwriters?  Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

Here is the phone number I obtained while searching the forums. 

Discover: 888-676-3695 (Recon)

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 8
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Ok, thanks. I will give them a call 

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

How were you stated as being "prequalified"?

Did it state that it was based on a listing obtained from a credit reporting agency?

Message 6 of 8
DueDilligence
Contributor

Do not give up. Get ahold of an analyst and/or speak with the right person. If you don't talk with the right person the first time call again. When you call again and they try to sell you short ask to speak with a superisor/management or if there is somebody ele that I can speak with. You would be suprised, it is very common for people to get denied on this forum and consistently call to speak to the person of interest and get approved. Just remember you have to sell your self and have some just views to why you think you should be approved. I hope this helps with motivation.

Message 7 of 8
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

It was stated from thier prequalify for card website. I will pan on calling soon

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.