Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-sending credit reports after dispute

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re-sending credit reports after dispute

I understand you can request the CRAs to resend credit reports to creditors who have recently requested them after information is changed on the credit report due to dispute. I am wondering what this would accomplish. For example, if I am denied a credit card, will they automaticaly reconsider if they get an updated report? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Re-sending credit reports after dispute

FACTA allows for a free report after being denied credit or facing adverse action (e.g. CLD, APR increase, acct closure, etc.). I tried the other day to dig up those links but the CRAs made it difficult to get them online, but it's possible.

Message 2 of 5
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

You are refering to requesting a free report for yourself. I am talking about having the CRAs send a new report to creditors that recently made inquaries. I understand we have the right to do that if a dispute results in a change. However, I am wondering what good it does. Do the creditors actually reconsider the application when they recieve the updated credit report?

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

My bad. I misread. I'd never request the CRAs send a report to the creditor (or creditor-to-be). If the creditor wants it, they can request it from the CRA directly via a soft or hard pull. In fact, most creditors won't even accept a report unless they pulled it themself. 

Now recons are different. Creditors sometimes entertain recon requests were they'd look at the CR they had already pulled and make a manual decision to reverse or uphold their denial. A recon isn't automatic. You have to request it. Many aren't open to recon requests.

Message 4 of 5
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

I was thinking aong the same lines. In theory, the free report to creditors is great. For example if you are denied credit due to a judgement, you dispute the judgement and it is deleted, then the CRA should send the updated report to the creditor and they should then grant you the credit you were seeking. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, I do not think creditors are setup to deal with these reports that come without their request.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.