Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reached my FICO Fitness Goal!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reached my FICO Fitness Goal!!!

@CS800 wrote:

By The way Tinu, if you look at your siggy, on the right, there is an 'Ace' and i noticed that its different color for different people. I dont have one.

What does it mean?

We have instituted recognition levels in the Garden Club thread (Credit Cards Forum), represented by spades (as in gardening spades) -- bronze, silver, gold, platinum and diamond levels. Gold indicates that the member has been gardening for between 6 - 12 months. One of our club members made spade graphics with the appropriate colors to add to the siggys.

Gardening has been a big, big help with my getting to this milestone -- and so has the support of the myFICO family. Before I found this site, I knew so little about how credit works, so the handling of my credit was all based on guesswork. I learned about the importance of managing one's util, of the effects of inquiries and the importance of gardening. Finding this site has been life changing, and I'm so very grateful for all of the information and support that I've received. The support and comraderie of these forums has made the rebuilding process so much more enjoyable than going it alone. My sincerest thanks to everyone here!!! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 20
DrivenDoctoress
Valued Member

Congratulations on reaching your goal! What an amazing success. Smiley Very Happy Definitely an inspiration to those of just starting out and still in the trenches.

Starting Scores July 2012: EQ FICO 645, TU FICO 636, EXP (CCT) 638
Feb 2015 Scores: EQ FICO 758, TU FICO 753, EX 749
Message 12 of 20
JayBee_3
Established Member

That's AWESOME!! CONGRATS!! I can't wait to get there. It's always nice to see the stories of people pulling themselves out of bad situations. GREAT JOB!!

Starting Score: 7/30/2012 (TU) 575 (EXP)USAA FAKO 632 (EQ) 563
Current Score: (TU) 575 (EXP)USAA FAKO 632 (EQ)563
Goal Score: 700+ by 2014

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 20
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Any body can do it. Disipline, constraint, and time! Congradulations and keep the ship floating the correct direction!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 14 of 20
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

My thanks to everyone for all of your kind words. For all of you who are still working on rebuilding, I believe that I am proof that anyone can do it. Two years ago, my credit was a mess, and my reports were a sad sight to behold. But I've found that if you arm yourself with the correct information about how to handle your credit, and then you follow through by putting that information into practice, you can make great srides. It may not happen overnight, but credit needs to be looked at as a marathon rather than a sprint. Keep working at it and you will get there, too. My best wishes to all of the rebuilders here; may you have success with reaching your own goals. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is truly inspirational. Glad all of your hard work paid off Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
FrugalRican
Blogger

Very, VERY awesome. Sorry I had missed this post,  but congratulations!!!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 18 of 20
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

I posted this in the Garden Club, but I wanted to share with the rest of the forum community.

I've been rebuilding for the last two years. I've paid off my old cards. I've opened new, rebuilder cards and have maintained a spotless history on them.  I've kept my reported util down to < 9%, and now always PIF. And, I've kept myself planted in the garden, waiting for baddies to drop off. And so...

I just pulled my EQ scores and report from myFICO, and...drumroll.... the final CO is GONE!!!!! And, after months of my EQ score refusing to budge, it finally jumped by 42 points!!! And, although the CO is stil showing on TU, I received a 10 point boost as well; it's scheduled to fall off of TU this month.

So, I reached my FICO Fitness goal of getting in the 700s!  I'm so happy this morning I'm beside myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

I fully know how you feel!!! Thats how I felt!! Congratulations! scuba diving in menorca

Message 19 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I'm equally estactic about at the possibility of making a similar post at the turn of the year.

Very big grats again to your contraint and discipline!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.