Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to build, possibly repair?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ready to build, possibly repair?

Credit Karma shows a boost in my Equifax today, 598 to 652! 54 point bump. 

Not sure what caused the bump just yet, as the lien and brighthouse delinquencies still show up, and I haven't started using either credit card yet. Either way, I'll take those points! 

*Edit: Looks like the Brighthouse delinquency has changed from open to closed.  It still shows up on my CR, but I guess the closed status caused the 54 pt bump?

Message 21 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit Karma shows a boost in my Equifax today, 598 to 652! 54 point bump. 

Not sure what caused the bump just yet, as the lien and brighthouse delinquencies still show up, and I haven't started using either credit card yet. Either way, I'll take those points! 

*Edit: Looks like the Brighthouse delinquency has changed from open to closed.  It still shows up on my CR, but I guess the closed status caused the 54 pt bump?

No one would know why your score bumped that much on CK no one studies how the Vantage 3.0 score works in any detail. Its used by some creditors but Fico scores are the gold standard and our efforts are directed at it. Grats to getting a boost in score you Fico is most likely to have gained some as well Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Grats! - In about a month or so app for a second Cap One card, and use them alot and pay them off every payday. They will give you a nice credit limit increase if they see you're using your limit frequently and paying it all off.

I'd feel more secure just keeping the one card and the OpenSky for now.  Why do you recommend a second Cap1 card so soon? I've read several people made 5 good payments in a row and got a CLI from 300 to 2300, which would be awesome for me.  

I do intend on closing the OpenSky just short of a year, and opening up another card that hopefully has a $5K plus limit.  

Three or more bank cards is optimal for score growth. Having a second Cap One card helps give you flexibility, as you can "stagger" the due date by a couple of weeks. That way when you're in the "dead period" waiting for charges to post before the statement closes, you'll still have access to the other card.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three or more bank cards is optimal for score growth. Having a second Cap One card helps give you flexibility, as you can "stagger" the due date by a couple of weeks. That way when you're in the "dead period" waiting for charges to post before the statement closes, you'll still have access to the other card.

Hmmm I think I gotcha.

I'd like to get a Discover card to be able to access my Fico score though.  Not really interested in paying a monthly fee to know my Fico score, and if my score bumps up again, I think I can qualify for at least a secured card from Discover. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.