Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to give up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ready to give up

I just cant figure this out. The mortgage company im working worth has me using their credit repair person. Last month they ran my scores and they were spot on with what My Fico said and they forecasted if I pay down my credit cards that I would be at 620-640 in 90 days.

Today they re updated the credit report and Im at 531...I paid one card down and nothing else has happened. I just dont get it
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ready to give up

@Anonymous wrote:
I just cant figure this out. The mortgage company im working worth has me using their credit repair person. Last month they ran my scores and they were spot on with what My Fico said and they forecasted if I pay down my credit cards that I would be at 620-640 in 90 days.

Today they re updated the credit report and Im at 531...I paid one card down and nothing else has happened. I just dont get it

How many credit cards do you still have with a balance ? 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the cards aa of today:
Cap1 QS: $67 Balance $800 CL
Cap1 QS: $632 Balance $1500 CL
US Bank secured: $274 Balance $300 CL

The US Bank will be paid to $30 on June 25th and the QS with the $600 balance will be paid of before the statement cycles on August 6th
Message 3 of 10
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The US Bank will be paid to $30 on June 25th and the QS with the $600 balance will be paid of before the statement cycles on August 6th

To optimize fico scorces to there fullest, only 1 single card should be posting with a balance.  Your not going to get the lift in scores you need, I think otherwise. If I'm readin this correctly you said you got the first inital score last month, so in all actuallity you still have another 60+/- days to go, be patient and get those balances down to zero.

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No reason to give up, rebuilding is a long process, paying off one card isnt going to get you where you need to be.  Perhaps if you share the whole picture some folks can assist you.  

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pay the US bank all the way to $0

Let the Cap One with $67 ride.

Pay off all of the Cap one $632 balance.

Once those have ALL reported, then check your scores.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wish I knew why it went down so much. But I am

going to pay them to zero and see what happens

Message 7 of 10
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Totally agree with Norman..This is a simple fix, dont give up...just improve Smiley Happy) **Only keep a small balance on ONE card **

Message 8 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Utilization is a huge factor: 30% of your FICO score.

Do you have other derogs on your report that just started to report? Those derogs can make a huge impact too.If so, what do you have showing on your report now?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Derogs. Even the credit repair guy doesnt know what happened. Glad Im not paying him lol
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.