Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to throw in the towel ... Encouragement needed

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Ready to throw in the towel ... Encouragement needed

Calm down.  You have made quite some improvements along the way, kudos to that.  However, we all get frustrated when it comes to understanding this credit thing.  You will see a boost of your scores when you get your util down.  Don't give up, keep at this credit game.  You will get to where you need to be.  I too get frustrated at times, but I keep on pushing on in this game what is called credit. 

Good luck and I wish you the best.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys. Ibneeded some positive thoughts here
Message 12 of 18
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you guys. Ibneeded some positive thoughts here

No worries, we all get frustrated and impatient. Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to focus on GW that Cap One CO. If you manage to get that off (and again, Cap One is a hard one), you could have much cleaner reports by March. And totally clean if you can GW the lates off (those won't hurt as much in a year or two, anyway). That's not very far away. Go get it!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried the EO route with cap one and no dice. They claim they're reporting accurately and blah blah. I wish I had a true executive contact there and not just some executive assistant who reads you a damn script. I email executives and it goes right to their assistants.

So if you have advice I'm all ears. Letters to a specific area? Person? I even tried LinkedIn.
Message 14 of 18
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have tried the EO route with cap one and no dice. They claim they're reporting accurately and blah blah. I wish I had a true executive contact there and not just some executive assistant who reads you a damn script. I email executives and it goes right to their assistants.

So if you have advice I'm all ears. Letters to a specific area? Person? I even tried LinkedIn.

I can't tell you the way to do it, I tried to GW them earlier this year and had a weird response. The EO rep called me, I explained the situation with complete honesty, and she said she would see what she could do. All of the sudden, the balance on my Cap One charge off dropped significantly (got an alert) and I got excited. Then she called me back and said there was nothing they could do. The next month it went back up, so no dice for me.

Mine was unpaid, though, and yours being paid benefits you in a couple of ways. One, they're more likely to GW a paid CO than an unpaid one. Just common sense. Two, it won't be killing your utilization every month like mine did. Even if you can't GW it, in time it will hurt less and less. Is it reporting as closed? Is it updating monthly? If it's not then yeah, you will rebound from it soon enough.

I would write an honest letter explaining the circumstances that led to your charge off, how you remedied it as soon as you were able and express the desire for a second change with regards to your financial life. It can't hurt to try, persistence will be key on this one. If someone tells you no, say thank you and try again. As to where to send it, the EO has changed the way they handle requests, unfortunately. You might have to research the best place to send it.

Message 15 of 18
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Re: Collection DELETED - Score DROPPED 10 points !!??

@Anonymous wrote:
Regardless it's all ridiculous ! Lol.

I paid down my cards so I'm hoping for a boost there and a "bucket"
Boost once the system recognizes I'm collection free and going up in terms of good credit.

Joey - no need for 3 threads on the same topic.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get PRA to delete?
Message 17 of 18
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

This answered my earlier question.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.