cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readyformyhome scared me & I found a judgement from 2011!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Readyformyhome scared me & I found a judgement from 2011!

@Anonymous wrote:
Is the debt yours? If yes, call the Lawyer and agree to settle it so that first you can get it satisfied.

Once you do this I can help you get it vacated.

That's the thing -- I don't know that it is. It just says the law firm filed for a collection agency. No idea at all. Sigh. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to find out if it's yours. At this stage of the game you can't ask for DV or anything else for them to prove you owe it.

You must call the Lawyer and discuss this with them to determine if it is yours.
Message 12 of 18
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Her post spurred a lot of action that is necessary, so kudos.
I would call the clerk and go from there , you def need to take care of this before mortgage app. I'm so sorry , I too found an old judgement because of her post . So , I feel ya
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't call the Clerk of Courts. The OP needs to call the owner of the Judgement.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: The date of filing is Oct 2010. So the 7 years is up in 3 months. Is it better to wait until then to reach out for a settlement? The judgement does not show on DH's report and I'd hate to wake up the sleeping bear so close to the 7 year mark.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was terrified by Readyformyhome's story about the 10 year old judgement so I checked the database from MA (where we used to live).

AND I FOUND A JUDGMENT against my DH from early 2011! He was never ever served anything! It even says there was an issue with serving papers in the docket information!  No idea what this was for!

But a default was granted with a writ of execution for around 7K. 

This has NEVER been on his CR and we have NEVER gotten any information about it! What do we do??

Look at the address where it was served. There should be information if it was delivered, or if it was mailed and returned. But certainly which address they attempted to serve the notice at. 

Does the full name match and is it an address you've lived at? Does the year look applicable to a timeframe you were there? My name matches a ton of stuff, but it's also super common, so I just excluded it based on addresses or years to determine that the items weren't mine.

I would still take the time to figure out where this came from tomorrow.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

October 2017, correct?
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
October 2017, correct?

Well that's embarassing. Yes. Oct 2017. Guess I'd best get on that now, then. Smiley Embarassed

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.