Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reagaing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reagaing

Please tell me if this is reaging by AFNI. 

I have a copy of my "old phone bill" from AFNI when I went to the BBB about this account.  The bill from Verizon states the following:

Billing date 5/16/2003 -

Account Summary

Amount of Last Bill Dated 4/16/03 

Balance due:  $135.00

Okay, my bill was $45 a month...with said balance my bill in April 2003 was 3 month behind.  DOFD would have been January/February 2003...correct?

All CRA has to be on my account until 6/2010.

Is this reaging? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reagaing

Is this reaging or not?  They have the fall off date of 6/10.  That would be 7 years and 1 month after the last finalized bill was sent.
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

CRTP is 7 to 7.5 yrs. So as long as it isn't beyond 7.5 yrs, it isn't reaging.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if DOFD was Jan 2003 then June of 2010 fall off date is not reaging?  Hmmm.  I guess they took it right out to the 7.5 years.  They closed the account in April 2009 after I complained to BBB. 

closed collection still with a balance...marking 120 days late...in my accounts section and there is nothing I can do about any of this.  CA and CRA stinks. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Jan 2003 was DOFD....it could remain up until July 2010.....no longer.

As llecs said, because it is within the 7.5 year timeframe, no re-aging.

ETA: We were typing at the same time. Most of the time when a CA "closes" an account, they remove it from your report. This has been my experience anyhow. What did they state when they said there were "closing" the account? Usually, when they close it, they return the account to the OC, which is why they remove. 

Message Edited by sidewinder on 06-22-2009 06:41 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know they closed it until it showed up on my CR. I filed a complaint with the bbb and AFNI sent them 3 copies of the same bill. That is how I received that bill. AFNI never validated for me. They said they sent the DL to an address that I had not lived at for 2.5 years. I stated that to them and stated to them how they were reporting inaccurate info by reporting in the accounts section...I stated to them the 2 year phone rule...etc...etc.

Next thing I know they close the account according to my TU report. AFNI according to my report received this collection on 12/06 but never put it on my credit report until 4/2008...that is when I started disputing it.  And they have me 120 days late 4 or 5 times.  everytime i disputed they marked me late

Message Edited by Harpo on 06-22-2009 04:51 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.