Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaged Account

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Reaged Account

Are there any lates being reported on the account?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 35
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Nothing recently rootpooty. Only thing is that I have a Capital One that is more than 120+ day late reporting, that was closed back in 2007 and sent to collections, there is nothing recent being reported as late.

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 12 of 35
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

As far as disputing with the CRA's goes.  I dont think I would take that approach.  I would at first initiate a direct dispute with the CA on the DOFD or just keep it simple and offer them a PFD.  Can you pay the balance?  As far as disputing with the CRA's goes, its possible it might come back verified and with lates being added.  I have seen it a lot of times.

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 13 of 35
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

rootpooty: Would I mail them a letter or reach out to them via phone...which would be best? I cannot afford the entire balance at once, but maybe consider a GW at first...or is it too late to consider a GW with T-Mobile?

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 14 of 35
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

rootpooty: Would I mail them a letter or reach out to them via phone...which would be best? I cannot afford the entire balance at once, but maybe consider a GW at first...or is it too late to consider a GW with T-Mobile?

Is T Mobile reporting anything on your reports?  Mail or call who?

Message 15 of 35
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

rootpooty: No, T-Mobile was the cell phone service I had back in 2006. I closed the account with them back in 2007 after suffering a loss of my job. Additionally, the account I'm assuming was sold to RPC sometime in between 2007 and 2011. RPC claims that they "account opened" was in June 2011, and that the estimated date of deletion would be June 2018. Hopefully this is a bit more clarified.

I'm wanting to know if I should call or mail them in regards to a PFD?

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 16 of 35
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Here is how I would hit that. First of all, the DOFD cannot be changed. That is a fact of your account, and that is a date that should be set in stone. The OC is required by law to be accurate in this reporting, and if they are not, this alone warrants a deletion of the account (or an update to the correct DOFD). The Date of Last Activity can be changed, and likely will be updated to reflect that if you call them or make a payment. You need to find out the SOL for your state, and see if the DOFD is close to that. If you have a 6 year SOL in your state, that puts you into 2013 for the SOL to be up. If it is going to occur soon (early 2013), I would let it sit and then after that SOL is up, I would call and offer a small percentage of the balance in trade for deletion of the account, citing the fact that the SOL is up but you want it off of your report. If that doesn't work, then I would go and file a direct dispute citing age of account with the 3 CRAs. If you want it taken care of now, be prepared to pay the full balance as they can sue you for it if it is within SOL. You can try to offer a settlement for less than you owe, but within SOL it is harder. You could also try a PFD now, start with half of the balance and go up from there until they agree. Get it in writing first, of course. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 35
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

you wouldnt need to send a GW to tmobile if they arent reporting anything.  Send a PFD offer to who is reporting the account.  Do it in writing and never call the CA

Message 18 of 35
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

rootpooty: Do you have any sample PFD letters that I can take a look at to get a feel for what I would include in one?

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 19 of 35
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

jandj: I looked up the State of Delaware's SOL... it is 3 years for written and oral contracts. In this new finding, would it make sense to send a letter to RPC and offer a settlement in exchange for a PFD, and if so, what should I watch for to not give them a reason to legally be able to reage the account?

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.