Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaging

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reaging

I have a Macys account that has been reaged. My credit report is showing the DOFD and the DOLA as 02/2006. This account was closed some time in 2004 and  was charged off prior to 2004.  This account was paid off on Aug 2007  I disputed it with the CRA experian and equifax  so they can put the correct DOFD  and it came back  as verified. TU deleted it off my credit report.  I spoke to a representative at macys who told me they do not know exactly when this account went into delinquency but it was closed in 2004 and went into delinquency prior to 2004. I was given a fax number to macys  for all corresponcence and fax them for my Macys statements during this time period.  I plan on sending the Macys statements to the CRA so they can see this account has been reaged.  I'm just a little upset because I thought the burden of proof is on the CRA.  This Macys account is one of the main things that affecting my credit report. My scores are as follows

TU/763  EX/687 Eq/678  Once Tu deleted macys off of my credit account if jumped from 671 to 763.

Does any one have any other suggestions. All Info is greatly appreciated.  

I will keep every one updated on the progress 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reaging

I've got a similar problem with a loan. It was charged off in 2004 but now shows some kind of ... "key derogatory" in 2007. I can't dispute through the CRAs anymore because it's been verified, so now I'm going through the OC directly. That would be your back up plan I suppose if the CRAs verify.

I'd love to hear how it goes for you!!

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DOFD and DOLA are apples and oranges, and it is highly unlikely that your last payment activity on the account was on the same day that the account first became delinquent.

DOFD is the date that the account first went delinquent, and has not subsequently been brought back into good standing.  DOLA is the date that you last initiated activity on the account, such as by any subsequent payment, in whole or in part.  DOLA does not reset DOFD.  They are recorded in totally different fields of your credit file.

The only way DOFD can be reset on an account is if you bring the account back into satisfactory, paid status and then a new chain of delinquencies occurs thereafter.

The burden of proof is on the OC to accurately report.  If they updated your FCRA Compliance Date/DOFD in your credit file based on a DOLA and not a new DOFD, that is illegal, and your cause of action is against the OC. 

Message Edited by RobertEG on 02-12-2009 07:39 PM
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Shnapple, disputing directly with the OC is theoretically provided for under FCRA 623(a)(8)(A), but this provision of the FCRA is not effective until such time as the Fed Agencies publish final implementing reguations in the
Federal Register.  See FCRA 623(a)(8)(C).   They have published proposed regulations, but no final regulations have been published, so dispute directly with the OC is not yet legally implemented.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:
Shnapple, disputing directly with the OC is theoretically provided for under FCRA 623(a)(8)(A), but this provision of the FCRA is not effective until such time as the Fed Agencies publish final implementing reguations in the
Federal Register.  See FCRA 623(a)(8)(C).   They have published proposed regulations, but no final regulations have been published, so dispute directly with the OC is not yet legally implemented.

Understand - I'm not exactly "disputing" with the OC but trying to get them to report correctly since I can't go through Experian anymore due to them already "verifying" the inaccuracy. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested also because I have an acct. that is reporting an incorrect DOFD.

I'm not sure if it is actual reaging, but the CA who took the acct. from the OC is reporting the DOFD as the date they received the acct. from the OC.

Any ideas what to do in these cases?  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.